ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help needed: Updating products/datafeed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVDV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help needed: Updating products/datafeed
    Posted: 15-June-2006 at 7:16pm

Hi,

Hope someone can help me out here.

I use a datafeed from my wholesaler for my products; I don't have any stock myself. They then dropship the products to my customers. There's literally more than a thousand products on that list and certain products may be not available the next day and new products are added, etc. How do I add/delete/update my products without having to delete the whole database? I would like to keep the same category ID's.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by SVDV - 16-June-2006 at 8:55am
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2006 at 11:57am

Product Cart's product import allows two types of imports:
1. New products
Are you are able to distinguish from the wholesaler which products are new vs. updates? If so, you can create one file with just the new products and import those using the import format required by Product Cart.

2. Update of existing products (based on matching SKUs)
For the update, you only need to import the SKU and the fields you want to update. So if you could get a list of your wholesaler's Unavailable products, you could use either the Active column and set it to 0 (Inactive) or if you are using Inventory tracking in your store, you could set the Stock to 0 and make sure your other settings are correct for not allowing ordering of products that are out of stock.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
SVDV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVDV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2006 at 3:37pm

Thanks for the reply.

So if I understand it correctly, when I add the Active column option and set it to 0, those products won't show up?

netprofits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2006 at 3:42pm
Correct. The Active column corresponds to the Active checkbox when editing a product. If you have the SKU and Active columns in your Excel import file, with the Active column as 0 for an existing SKU it will set the product inactive which means it won't show up in your storefront for customers. You can still view it from the control panel area.
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic