ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help with changing Shopping Cart Display/Theme?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with changing Shopping Cart Display/Theme?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with changing Shopping Cart Display/Theme?
    Posted: 29-May-2008 at 12:11am
I would likee to know how do I change the basic properties (Background color, Content, Text Color, Size, Font) for the main ProductCart content on the center of the web page?  For example, the static page has a black background, but the ASP Shopping cart area in the middle has a white background with grey text. How do I edit these properties?

After reading tutorials, I found out about pcstorefront.css.  I can change attributes in that file, however I cant see what I am changing because I am jsut putting in code?  Is there a way to visually change the colors like in Design View for the storefront?  When I load pcStoreFront.css in Dreameaver, there is no design view, just code.

please help

-Joe
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
EarlJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EarlJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 12:24am
I use the Firefox browser with the Web Developer add-in.

It lets you edit the css file and see the changes.
BlackReefDesigns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 12:31am
Cool, I just added the plugin to FireFox.

How does it work?  I tried changing some things around and hit Apply, didn't see any changes, but I might be editing the wrong thing.  How does it give you access to change wihout a login?  Do you have to make the changes, save the file and upload it? 

thanks
Joe

Edited by BlackReefDesigns - 29-May-2008 at 12:37am
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 3:57am
Hi,
   I like the web developer add-on - but even better IMHO is Firebug and another great tool is Colorzilla. They are all available from : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

Hamish

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 4:02am
Joe,
  Yes the changes are in your local view of the web page.
There is a save icon in in the toolbar at the top  of the area where you can edit the CSS.
You shouldn't even need to hit "apply" as the CSS "changes" are done in real time.

Enjoy! - By the way, you can install all the ad-ons and then use the one that suits what you are doing best.

BlackReefDesigns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 7:14am
Interesting stuff.  I download the other addons a little later.

Would you guys consider this the preferred method for customizing the look of ProductCart?
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 7:40am
Mostly I just use it for examining what I have already done & tweaking the look etc.
It's important to remember this is a Firefox only tool & IE has it's own foibles - so you need to test how your pages look their as well. IE8 (in beta at the moment) is apparently going to have a similar add-on available. 
EarlJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EarlJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 10:11pm
I agree with Hamish.

I use it to tweak the look and feel.  It's a quick way to see a change in real time.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic