ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Managing Brands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BlackReefDesigns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Managing Brands
    Posted: 31-May-2008 at 8:24am
hmm, so the only way to view a Brand page is to have it go through search results?
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
knifepro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knifepro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2008 at 4:52pm
The manufacture or brand searches are handled by the search functions of the cart. I hired a company to list my brands in a drop-down menu. The brands are handled similar to the generate categories but the list still uses the search function of the cart to display the brands. You can see what I mean at my site, www.knifepro.com.

The company I used was NetProfits. They are listed as developers for ProductCart. There work is fast and very reasonably priced.
Brian

brian@theknifeprofessional.com
brian@heartlandbraidedrugs.com
www.theknifeprofessional.com
www.heartlandbraidedrugs.com
ProductCart v4.7
QuickBooks Sync
Mobile
BlackReefDesigns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2008 at 11:29am
I am trying to set up my Manufacturer/Brands Navigation the Right, with Individual Product Nav on the Left.

Basically I have a list of Companies on the right and want to set it up so when a customer clicks on a Manufacturer name, the link takes the customer to a page with just that Manufactuter's products.  Simple, right?

Basically what I have tried to do is edit the links in the static HTML file in the Manufacturer Nav, and link them Absolute URLs to the ProductCart manufacturer page.  However I can't find a solid Manufacturer URL (even though I have already added Brands on the control panel).

So I put in www.website.com/store/pc/viewbrands.asp, and then I see a list of the brands.  I right click on a brand to "copy shortcut" (to make my links in the nav) but all it gives me is a search results page.  So, if you click on a Brand, it takes you to a page that says
"Your search returned the following results..."

please help
J

Edited by BlackReefDesigns - 30-May-2008 at 11:32am
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic