ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hide BTO item prices?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigrasta4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hide BTO item prices?
    Posted: 23-April-2008 at 9:30am

What i need done is this.  I need the built to order item prices to be hidden on the configurePrd.asp page, but for the base price and customized price to still show and update.  I am not sure how to achieve this, but my manufacturers are insisting that this is done.  Has anyone had any luck with this or have any suggestions?

example (under grey wolf options i can't have the prices shown)
http://www.rvcapitalwholesalers.com/shopRVCW/pc/configurePrd .asp?idProduct=18262

Edited by bigrasta4life - 23-April-2008 at 9:35am
K.K.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2008 at 9:54am
Hi,
   Your link goes to a 404.

Coincidentally I'm working on the configureprd pages at the moment, well probably tomorrow, for a custom tweak, so I'll take a look and let you know if it's straight forward.
bigrasta4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigrasta4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2008 at 10:07am
when i click the link, it doesnt go to 404. 

not sure why it does for you and not me...anyhow i would appreciate if you find anything out if you let me know.  thanks
K.K.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2008 at 10:26am
Guys, browse to his home page, then to any other product page, then change the URL to reference 18262. The product page is indeed there. 
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2008 at 10:36am
The link is working for me now! - First 2 attempts failed - ah well.
Do you ALWAYS want to hide the option prices, or to be able to select when this is done? - The former is likely to be a much simpler solution.

Are they aware it's a very simple task, even with the option prices hidden, to work out the cost of each option - either mentally or with a calculator - just untick / tick & do the math.
Hiding the option price is really a psychological thing I guess, but  if that's what they want that's fine.

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2008 at 10:38am
Hi Greg, That's what I tried the 1st time it failed - with no joy, still, my later attempt just went straight there - the wonders of the web :-)  
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2008 at 10:53am
Hamish - the pricing restriction the manufacturers are enforcing may be similar to the MAP pricing rules of (for example) the electronics industry.  Manufacturers don't want certain levels of discount pricing visible on the sites until the item is placed in the cart. 

An example would be the products marked "see our price" on http://www.starmarinedepot.com/.  I have this mod for PC stores as well, but the store where I did it doesn't seem to have any products coded for that pricing model at the present time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigrasta4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2008 at 10:54am

Originally posted by Hamish Hamish wrote:

The link is working for me now! - First 2 attempts failed - ah well.
Do you ALWAYS want to hide the option prices, or to be able to select when this is done? - The former is likely to be a much simpler solution.

Are they aware it's a very simple task, even with the option prices hidden, to work out the cost of each option - either mentally or with a calculator - just untick / tick & do the math.
Hiding the option price is really a psychological thing I guess, but  if that's what they want that's fine.

yes they are aware that with a calculator the cost can be figured...they just do not want it shown......hiding the option price always would be just fine with me...

K.K.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigrasta4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2008 at 12:07pm
I believe the code changes need to be made in the configurePrdCode.asp page.  My asp knowledge is sketchy at best.  Any help appreciated
K.K.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2008 at 1:01pm
I'm sure you are right. I'll let you know when I've taken a look tomorrow. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic