ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > QuickBooks Add-on
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How do you like the new QB synchronizer module?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do you like the new QB synchronizer module?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marketabilities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you like the new QB synchronizer module?
    Posted: 08-January-2010 at 2:30pm
Would like to get comments regarding newest QB synchronizer module...  Is it helpful? Does it save time? Is it hard to do mapping?... would appreciate any feedback!  Thanks
sdalan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2010 at 3:07pm
Absolutely love it. Like PC in general, very well thought out and organized interface. I set Web Connector to run each hour and QB Sync to transfer orders automatically. Has saved me an enormous amount of time. 
odathp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odathp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2010 at 8:23pm
I agree with the previous comment.  However, there are a few limitations.

The most significant is with the Quickbooks invoice number.  Whenever a ProductCart order is transferred to Quickbooks it resets the Quickbooks invoice number to the ProductCard order number.  This is very inconvenient especially when you are using both ProductCard and Quickbooks to place orders simultaneously.  Our previous shopping cart vendor did not act this way.  It also had a Quickbooks synchronizer.  When the order was transferred to Quickbooks it always used the next Quickbooks invoice number in the sequence.

With that said, I suppose if you never create an invoice in Quickbooks and use ProductCart to place all your orders this would not be an issue.

I also thought of sending all ProductCart orders to Quickbooks as sales receipts and never use Quickbooks to create a sales receipt since the same problem exists with reseting the sales receipt number.

Another limitation is the synchronizer (web connector) will fail if there is a modul window open in Quickbooks.

I still give the plugin a thumbs up with hopes these issues will be resolved in the near future.  I'm a ProductCart reseller and developer, so I plan on continuing to recommend ProductCart to our customers.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-June-2010 at 8:05pm
Just an update on this thread: a support ticket was raised with regard to the Invoice Number issue and we are researching ways to address the limitation.

The problem (and the reason why the ProductCart Synchronizer for QuickBooks was written that way) is that different versions of QuickBooks appear to react differently to the data that is transferred to QuickBooks from ProductCart.

More to come...
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
sdalan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-June-2010 at 11:17am
I can see how the invoice numbering behavior could be problematic if you enter orders directly into QB as well. For me, however, this was a welcomed improvement from the prior sync app that incremented from the last number in used in QB. Don't know how everyone else works, but for us, after we ship we bring orders in as sales receipts and the receipts show up in undeposited funds. Now that the PC order number is the SR number, it makes handling receipts and reconciling a lot easier for us. Because the dates are sometimes different for various reasons, it use to be a maddening experience. Now it's a breeze. Hopefully the developers can make it an option so the end users can choose to operate it.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-June-2010 at 4:45pm
@sdalan  -  We created a new build that supports both auto incrementing order numbering (in supported QB versions) and ProductCart order numbering.
sdalan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-June-2010 at 4:47pm
Matt, that's why we love PC!
marketabilities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marketabilities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2011 at 6:50pm
Many thanks for the comments.  We are trying to give qbsync module another go if we can get over the tax hurdle.  Am curious how to others overcome not being able to pull taxes in by county as NC has different taxes in different counties and have up to know running our sales tax reports based on county.  Any ideas or solutions, anyone?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2011 at 7:12pm
marketabilities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marketabilities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2011 at 4:19pm
Greg, we are definitely interested in your solution.  Best way to contact you?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic