ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Images sizes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Images sizes
    Posted: 02-August-2012 at 8:32am
Should be an easy one to implement in /pcadmin/uploadresize/productResizea.asp I normally end up hacking the file to change the default thumb, general and details sizes so they are constant and end user doesn't have to edit them. 

Maybe this could be an admin option?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2012 at 9:56am
I totally agree.  This would really be helpful.

Additionally, a means by which we could establish presets for the category navigation generator would be delightful.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-August-2012 at 2:43pm
Our Batch Process Images add-on adds this feature is you are interested:
M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2012 at 11:01am
I have simply defined the max size for each the images in CSS and then use one image, the detail image for all my product images. Obviously you need to be aware of the size of your detail images and not make them too heavy. My average detail image is about 95kb.  Considering a thumb is 5-15kb and the general is 35-60kb it's not a whole lot more to ask the user to download, and the image becomes cached from the start.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic