ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Implementing MoxieChat with ProductCart?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Implementing MoxieChat with ProductCart?
    Posted: 05-October-2008 at 11:26pm
Hey everyone -

I'm trying to setup MoxieChat on my PC powered website.   If you're not familiar, the way MoxieChat works is that it can detect if someone exits your site and will automatically pop up a chat window to engage the customer and offer a coupon.

I'm trying to figure out how to best implement the code and I'm hoping some of you out there can help.   I tried pasting it into the footer.asp file and the code seems to work the way it's intended...if I'm surfing any page of my site and I close the window it catches it and pops up the chat.    However for some reason when I add a product to the shopping cart it's seeing that as exiting the site and I'm not sure why.    As far as I know footer.asp is still being used on the viewprd.asp page so I can't understand why it thinks the page has been exited?

Any ideas?
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-October-2008 at 3:42am
That's probably because the form handler for viewPrd.asp, which is "instPrd.asp", does not use that file. There might be other form handlers throughout the checkout process that do not use the header and footer. That's because - for performance reasons - the store interface (header.asp and footer.asp) is not loaded when the page is not a page that displays information back to the customer.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
TrekLightGear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-October-2008 at 12:24pm
Are there any recommendations for a way to incorporate such an add-on with ProductCart?

I'm confused as to how something like the Google Analytics code works to track the visitor through the entire site since that code is inserted into the footer.asp file.   Based on what I'm seeing here and your response wouldn't GA also be seeing the visitor as exiting the site during the checkout process?

Any ideas on how I can implement a script like this that will be able to recognize a true exit of the site would be appreciated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2008 at 6:54pm
Just wanted to bump this one and see if anyone had any ideas.   Basically is there any place I can put code that is designed to react when someone leaves my website so that it doesn't recognize a customer making a purchase as leaving the website? (see above)
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2008 at 8:52pm
Your best bet is "stringfunctions.asp" in the includes folder.  That is in just about every file.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2008 at 11:55am
Thanks Matt, I'll give that a try and see how it goes...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic