ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Import Sub-Product Options & Attributes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTMARK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Import Sub-Product Options & Attributes
    Posted: 25-March-2010 at 9:05pm

We have the apparel add-on and we’re currently in the process of updating sub-products.  I’ve read all the documentations and posts from forums and I’m just wondering if anyone know of an easier way, a trick , or modification that can be made to simplify the process a bit.  The products that we are currently setting up are not actually apparel products.  They’re gift and accessory items that have many  different colour variations or sizes but each one has its own unique SKU (not using suffix to differentiate the attributes).  There’s no real consistency in the type of options available and attributes so in order for us to set these up, pretty much each SKU would need their own individual options set up with a preassigned unique SKU’s.  I’m fine with the batch import process for apparel products and the batch process for sub-products.  The issue is that I am unable to batch import options and attributes.  To set up each individual option, the attributes, then assign it to a parent product is a very long and tedious process times a few hundred times.  Can anyone share with me a better way?  I can ask my web developer to see if he can add a script that allows me to batch upload the options and attributes but I have a feeling there are some technical challenges, which is why EI have not done it so far. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciate it as it would save us hours of work.

Thanks!

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2010 at 11:20pm
Actmark,

You can indeed import options, and that's done at the product level. Please see:

Importing product options >>
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
ACTMARK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTMARK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2010 at 11:52pm
I miss that.  I was reading the generating sub-products and it didn't say anything about importing options and attributes but I see that section is under importing products.  I'll have to give that try.  Thanks!

Oscar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic