ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Make a Product a "One-Per-Customer Freebie"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Make a Product a "One-Per-Customer Freebie"
    Posted: 05-October-2020 at 12:07pm
Using ProductCart v5.2.10

I need to set up a way that someone (with a coupon code or something) can go into our store, purchase a specific product and get that product completely free?

We want to do a promotional for a Trade Show, and we have a product (that has a cost and we charge shipping on) that we want to make a "Get ONE (1) For Free With This Coupon" and allow them to get it through the online store.

However, the Discount Code will only allow ONE thing to apply at a time: a set value off, a percentage off, or free shipping.  It will not allow me to COMBINE say 100% off (free product) and Free Ground Shipping.  However, I can't make a "Free Product" in the system (new product set at a value of "$0.00") because we want it to be a SINGLE (one only) per customer for ONE TIME (so they can't ask for say 1,000 freebies - they would get one free, and the other 999 would be charged the regular price, nor be able to make 5 or more single purchases and each gets applied the freebie).

How can I set it up in PC v5.2.10 to accomplish this?
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic