ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

May we also suggest the following...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @nna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: May we also suggest the following...?
    Posted: 04-February-2009 at 11:46am
I would like to remove/translate this text "May we also suggest the following...?" from showing just above the cross selling starts. In what file can I find it? Have made a search for the string in the language.asp - but can't find it. Anyone?

Thanks, Anna www.jewel.se Tongue
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 12:01pm
Hi Anna,  That text can be set in the Admin pages : Marketing > Manage Cross Selling > General Settings. 
@nna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @nna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 12:05pm
GREAT! Foundit!
@nna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @nna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 12:13pm

Btw, is there any way you can change from showing four items in a row (on the product details page) to just three items?

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 12:37pm
Hi Anna,
   If you mean like on page http://www.pilgrimlove.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=110 then yes. Try Settings, Display Settings.
@nna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @nna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 1:00pm
No, I mean for the cross selling items. When you are at a product detail page (not category) and the cross selling items show below the text: "May we also suggesst.." there is a default value of 4 in a row. You can set how many items you will show for cross selling, but not how many that should be displayed in the same row. Currently PC is showing four in a row and that affects my thumbnails. Se link: http://www.jewel.se/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4168&idcategory=170

I would like to show three in a row (or reduce the margins between the cross selling items) in order to be able to show the full thumbnail size without the page splitting up graphically (sorry for my english, but hope you guys understand).

Thanks! :-)
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 1:37pm
Hi Anna, In that case I believe it's controlled by Settings > Display Settings in the second set of settings (Choose how products should be displayed in the storefront:)
@nna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @nna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 2:32pm
hmmm... maybe that's not the issue then. Because I want 4 items in a row for all products and when PC shows normal products in a category they show 100% of my thumbnail size without destroying my design. But in the cross selling items PC truncates/compress (don't know the english word here) the images so they are about 80% of the ordinary thumb-size to fit in the window. If I set the thumbnail height and width for cross selling items to 0 they don't fit in the page as normal thumbs do. They have more space between themselves than "ordinary products" in a category page.

Are there any margins or something that I can change? Hope you understand what I mean.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 3:44pm
Hi,
  I think it's because you have a few thumbnails that are bigger than the rest.
See : http://www.jewel.se/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?pageStyle=h&ProdSort=19&page=2&idCategory=4  - It seems the larger ones just happen to be those used in the Cross-selling.

The larger thumbnails are 140*158 but most are 130*122

@nna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @nna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 4:08pm
No, that's not it. If that had been the case I should have had this issue on category pages as well, but the larger thumbs fits there without problem.

The problem is the space between the cross selling thumbs and not the thumb size it self, and I don't know what file controls the space between.

Thanks anyway for trying. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic