ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meta Content Type

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meta Content Type
    Posted: 09-March-2010 at 1:10pm
All of a sudden were noticing a lot of the text content on our site is showing up weird. The comma's & quotations are displaying as weird characters... and line breaks are showing up with weird characters also.

We haven't changed anything on our site so it's weird that it would just start to show up like that.

I added <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> to the header.asp to help make them go away... but how could this happen all of a sudden? Is it possibly something with IIS6 that could cause this?

Any thoughts/ideas?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2010 at 2:04pm

Yes.  Please call me.  We recently dealt with this.  I'd like to discuss it briefly on the phone please.

whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2010 at 5:49pm
Since we did that tweak... everything went back to normal. So I put the file back the way it was without commenting out that line... and so far the problem has not come back.
joshs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2010 at 10:03pm
so what was the tweak?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic