FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

modDiscounts.asp help needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: modDiscounts.asp help needed
    Posted: 18-November-2010 at 4:56pm
You didn't look like a rotten person, don't worry. I was just curious to see if it worked ;)

The code was changed between lines 2004-2017, 2021-2034. To see all of the modifications, do a search in the code for these two lines:

'ALLOW ZERO-DOLLAR DISCOUNTS
'END ALLOW ZERO-DOLLAR DISCOUNTS

You'll find two groups of code modifications. I commented that first line out and added the other lines below it.

Edited by Brett - 18-November-2010 at 4:56pm
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2010 at 12:10pm
Sorry for letting you wait so long.  Made me look like I'm a rotten person.   I had to take care of some business related things and was not on my computer.  I did upload the file today and it works like a charm.  Thank you so much for doing this.  One more little thing.  Can you tell what lines you have modified?  I keep a running log of modifications in a word file. 

Are only those two lines being added or was there more?
discountAmount=ccur(0)
discountAmount=discountAmount&","&ccur(0)

Again, thank you.

Edited by katharina - 18-November-2010 at 12:20pm
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2010 at 10:47pm
Hey Katharina have you had a chance to test that file? If so let me know if it works ;)
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 10:01pm
OrderVerify_MOD3.zip

Actually, use this file. I added these lines:

discountAmount=ccur(0)
discountAmount=discountAmount&","&ccur(0)

In case there was some kind of issue with intArrayCnt not matching up with the number of commas in discountAmount
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 9:56pm
Try this file. I modified Lines 2004-2015 and 2019 to 2030.

However, once you apply this modification you will no longer have warning of an improperly created shipping discount. It will just apply the coupon with a zero dollar amount and do nothing besides display it as being applied (assuming it does what I think it will).

uploads/1159/OrderVerify_MOD2.zip]OrderVerify_MOD2.zip

I haven't tested this as I have no way to, so let me know how it works. Hopefully it solves your problem. Make sure you save your old one first

Edited by Brett - 13-November-2010 at 10:01pm
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 8:31pm
I'm sorry if this is frustrating.  I really appreciate all the efforts you put into this.  This is the page where the coupon is applied to.
http://www.earlyimpact.com/forum/uploads/4/OrderVerify.zip
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 8:24pm
The problem is with that page you just screenshotted, the one where the discount code is applied. The zero-dollar amount is being checked when the coupon is applied to an order, NOT when it is being modified.

Upload that page and I will modify it so your coupons will work, assuming the code to process the discount code isn't contained on some other page.

Edited by Brett - 13-November-2010 at 8:25pm
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 8:17pm
Before with automatic apply:

After manual apply of fcal coupon.  With an error message that does not make any sense at all:

Edited by katharina - 13-November-2010 at 8:19pm
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 8:10pm
That answers my first question. Now, could you please try to apply the coupon at checkout and take two screenshots, one before and one after?
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 7:59pm

It does not keep the Price Discount radio button check marked when the the amount is 0.  It only does it when I put a number larger then 0 in.  At check out it complaints that the coupon is not valid when I manually add it.  The coupon should be auto applied, and only does so when there is a numeric value greater then 0. 

Edited by katharina - 13-November-2010 at 8:00pm
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic