FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

modDiscounts.asp help needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 7:45pm
Please take screenshot of the modDiscounts.asp so I can see what you mean when you say it shows no radio button selection. Also please take a screenshot during checkout so I can see what happens when you try to use that coupon.
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 7:39pm
Unfortunately it is in the modDiscounts.asp.  I just deleted the coupon and created a new one.  It saves it without error when I select Discount Amount and select zero amount.  It shows no radio button selection when I click on it to edit it.  It does save the radio button when I do put an amount in.  The page checks for zero amounts, but I cannot read the code well enough to change it.  My ASP skills are none existing.
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 7:30pm
OK, if you say so.
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 7:18pm
I'm pretty sure the problem is on the modDiscounts.asp page, since it does not even save the radio button dollar discount with the 0.00 amount.  It will only work if I put in 0.01.  It does not save zero amount.
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 7:05pm
Attach/upload onepagecheckout.asp, or whatever page it is that processes your discount codes (you should see it in the address bar during checkout when you enter the discount code).

*edit*

Also attach the page AFTER that page please. The page that the browser goes to after you enter the coupon code and press the submit button.

Edited by Brett - 13-November-2010 at 7:06pm
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 7:05pm
I'm still on 3.51 without the one page checkout.  
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 6:58pm
What you're seeing on the backend is the same thing mine does when I create zero value coupons. I usually just have to re-check price discount radio each time I edit the coupon.

However, mine apply during the checkout process without any issues. What version of productcart are you running? Does it use onepagecheckout.asp? Attach/upload onepagecheckout.asp, or whatever page it is that processes your discount codes (you should see it in the address bar during checkout when you enter the discount code).
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 6:47pm
It's still not working.  I can create the coupon and do not get an error message.  I've noticed that the radio button is not selected when I click again on edit this coupon.  It just doesn't work when I place an order.  I called it "Free calendar", select fixed rate of $0.00, and selected it to be automatically applied to all orders, and available for retail and wholesale customers.  It basically does not show in the check out, even after selecting a shipping option.  It will show, if I put a value of $0.01 in.  I think there is somewhere a checking mechanism.  
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 6:26pm
modDiscountsMODIFIED.zip

This should do the trick, but has not been tested. Save or rename your old file and upload this one to test it out. Let me know how it works. I modified lines 254 and 266.
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2010 at 6:23pm
Thanks, looking at it now. What error message does it give you when you try to save a discount with a $0 value? Did you make sure to check "price discount" even though you are entering zero? I know if i try to save a coupon without selecting either price or percentage that it doesn't work.

Like I said earlier, It works fine on my site and I can't find any code on this page that looks like it would restrict it. Going to keep looking.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic