ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - moving cart to 2008 R2 server, can't get folder pe
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

moving cart to 2008 R2 server, can't get folder pe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianRoden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: moving cart to 2008 R2 server, can't get folder pe
    Posted: 11-July-2012 at 3:01pm
Our ProductCart store has been hosted by a daughter company on their servers for the past year or so. The daughter company is being sold, so we're having to move it to a virtual dedicated server(running Windows 2008 R2 64-bit) we have provisioned. I have the database connection working, but the setup wizard keeps telling me the folder permissions are wrong. The ProductCart folder has
   Read & Execute
   List folder contents
   Read
   Write
for the IIS_IUSRS account.

The includes and [redacted] folders have those permissions, plus the Modify permission.

Any advice on what else to check?

Edited by earlyimp - 11-July-2012 at 3:11pm
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2012 at 3:11pm
If all you are doing is to move the site, why are you running the setup wizard?

When moving a site, you copy the files, set the folder permissions, copy the database, and update the db connection.  Then move the SSL certificate and transfer DNS.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2012 at 3:13pm
Greg is correct... unless you are just using the Wizard to check for permissions, but you can do that with the Troubleshooting Utility (Help > Troubleshooting Utility). Anyway, make sure that your "include" variable for the "ProductCart" folder has been edited accordingly. If that doesn't work, you can try adding the same permissions for the *Everyone* user (in addition to the IUSR).
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
BrianRoden View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianRoden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2012 at 3:15pm
I was using the setup wizard to test the DB connection (new DB server as well), and noticed it also alerted me to the folder permissions issue.

I can log into the CP and look at settings, but when I try to modify the e-mail server settings I also get an error about folder permissions on the includes folder.
BrianRoden View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianRoden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2012 at 3:21pm
Thanks, adding Everyone to the user list and setting permissions for it worked.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic