ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving Catalog to A New Domain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leather_Treaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving Catalog to A New Domain
    Posted: 22-March-2014 at 1:57pm
Hello,

I am moving a PC catalog to a new domain. Catalog worked fine on old domain. I changed the storeconstants file scstoreURL to reflect the new domain. Left database as is no need to change. When I run the setup wizard I get the message.  

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

What am I forgetting to do? This should be a straight forward task.

Thanks,

Gary
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2014 at 2:11pm
Hi Gary,

The setup folder is renamed after the first install so strangers cannot access it.  You can find it in the ProductCart folder (it will be a random number) and change it back to "setup".

However, you do not need to reinstall the software just to change your domain name.  Just change the domain and no other changes should be required.
Leather_Treaty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leather_Treaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2014 at 2:15pm
Hi Matt,

my setup file has always been Setup. It did not need to rename it. With that said I will rename it to something different to protect the folder. Under the new domain it will not read the folder or anything to do with the PC setup. I cant figure this out. 

Any more thoughts??

Thanks,

Gary
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2014 at 1:04am
Hi Gary,

What Matt meant is that you don't need to run through the setup directory/process at all to move your installation to a new domain name. Once installed the first time, that directory is renamed to a random number and frankly can just (should) be deleted.

To migrate to a different domain name, you should only need to update the value for scStoreURL in the /includes/storeconstants.asp file (and then you might have to have NS update your license for this change; if so, you'll get a message to that effect).

However, having just re-read your post, it sounds like you have done this. Given that, I'd expect that the 404 status is because the message page alerting you to the license issue is missing somehow? 

It would help if you could provide the URL throwing the 404 status (nothing above the "/productcart/" folder should be necessary).

Thinking further, you mentioned "Under the new domain it will not read the folder or anything to do with the PC setup". Did you change hosts too? That sounds suspiciously like the .asp extension isn't recognized.

Are you able to get to /pcadmin/pcTSUtility.asp (with whatever you've renamed your pcadmin directory to)? If so, you should get the same sort of checks there that the initial setup utility checks against.

BTW, changing your domain name is a major SEO/SEM issue. Have you fully considered the consequences of this and have a plan to help ameliorate the repercussions of it? Please PM me if you aren't sure you've fully prepared for a change like this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic