ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving from shared hosting to VDS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving from shared hosting to VDS
    Posted: 09-April-2012 at 5:47am
So I'm trying to move from shared hosting to a Virtual Dedicated Server... I moved over the PC dir to my new server.... then backed up the database and restored it using SQL Management Studio... I then edited the storeconstants.asp file below with my new server info but I am getting a Database Connection Problem... is there something else I need to do? I am using the same CrypPass that's on the current live site I'm trying to move and I'm trying to access the moved site on the new server via a temporarily different domain name.

<%private const scCrypPass="**********************************************"
private const scDSN="Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=ProductCart;User Id=DB-USERNAME;Password=DB-PASSWORD"
private const scDB="SQL"
private const scStoreURL="http://www.newdomain.com"
%>

Edited by Ludwig - 09-April-2012 at 7:50am
Ludwig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 1:05pm
When I go to the /setup/ folder to try and use the setup wizard I get a

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

I have set the permissions for the entire PC dir to read/write for all IUSR's and I checked the setup folder and it has those permissions, what am I missing?

Ludwig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 4:00pm
soooooooooo frustrating when something doesn't work and it's not rocket science which is what aggravates me.
Ludwig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 8:40pm
I also set to Parent Paths Enabled... like what could be causing this??? Could it be the different domain?
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2012 at 8:57pm
Did you check the wiki already?

If you've read this and still cannot get it, then please open a ticket.
Ludwig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2012 at 4:08am
Yes I've only read it like 10 times now... it's not working - that means you have obviously left something out of your instructions... you don't even mention app pools or what version of asp.net you need in these instructions - no wonder I have wasted this many hours of my life trying to do something that should have taken 30 minutes.

Edited by Ludwig - 10-April-2012 at 4:08am
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2012 at 4:50am
We cannot write the documentation to cover every scenario and we have never had complaints about this section before. This is mostly dependent on the server configuraton. Please raise a support ticket so we can give specific guidance once we have specific details. 
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2012 at 5:03am
That guide has been the defacto guide for ProductCart users for the past decade. We do not mention app pools and .NET instructions because they are irrelevant to Classic ASP.  I understand you may be getting frustrated, but you have not opened a ticket.  If you open a support ticket we will have the information we need to assist you.  
Ludwig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2012 at 12:28pm
Well it seems as though something on the server isn't configured correctly and I have no idea what it could be since I've covered everything in your guides - Windows Server 2008 R2 with IIS 7.

Edited by Ludwig - 10-April-2012 at 12:29pm
Ludwig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2012 at 4:46pm
To note: I am trying to use SQLEXPRESS... and I am doing a DSN-less connection, I've tried just about every conceivable thing for data source including: localhost/SQLEXPRESS - the name of the sql server seems to be SQLEXPRESS and it's hosted locally and other recommendations for data source with this setup?

Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source=<COMPUTER_NAME>\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=<DATABASE_NAME>;User ID=<USER_NAME>;Password=<USER_PASSWORD>;

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic