ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

moving home.asp to the root

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hadijouma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: moving home.asp to the root
    Posted: 02-August-2007 at 6:55pm
I just moved my default.asp to the root directory but I am having problem with the featured products links and images, it still displaying the old path (which is wrong). Any one know which file to edit in order to get the featured products links/image in the home page to be corrected?

Thanks in advance.

Hadi
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2007 at 7:11pm

Hi Hadi - Make sure to follow the steps detailed on Page 439 of the ProductCart User Guide:

http://www.earlyimpact.com/pdf/ProductCart_v3_Manual.zip

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
hadijouma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hadijouma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2007 at 7:17pm
Hi,
I did every step and rechecked it many times but the only thing left not working is the featured product in the homepage.

Hadi

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2007 at 12:31pm

Have you tried entering the full path to the featured products page?

for example: http://www.yourwebsite.com/produtcart/pc/mainIndex.asp

Nigel

Justplaying View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justplaying Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2007 at 4:31am

Hi

Firstly can I say I have used Cartweaver for the last 3 years, but due to the lack of features and support I decided to look elsewhere.  This is how I found ProductCart.  An excellent product and now I feel as though I have wasted 3 years using Cartweaver

Anyway to my problem:

I have moved the home.asp to the root directory and followed all the directions in the manual but I have 2 issues:

1. The checkout link is pointing to the root directory

I made sure the include is pointing to the correct file

<!--#include file="Store/pc/SmallShoppingCart.asp" -->  

http://www.mind-blowing.co.uk/checkout.asp

When it should be http://www.mind-blowing.co.uk/Store/pc/checkout.asp

2.  Also have the same issue with the search function:

<!-- #Include file="Store/pc/SmallSearchBox.asp"-->

< size=14 name=keyword> < id=submit =submit value="Go >>" name=submit>

When you click on go or the more search options both try to find the file in the root directory

I have obviously missed something but tried 3 times when moving the files into the root directory  each with the same result

Any help would be appreciated

Neil

MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2007 at 4:49am

One of the things to ensure is that you have changed the root folder in the settings file in the includes folder.

Worth a shot.

cheers

Mark

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2007 at 5:59am

Hi Neil,

Without seeing all your asp files I can't be sure about this but you may need to correct the paths to some of the other include files.

As you have probably noticed Productart uses a lot of include files in the page headers and each asp page needs to reference these correctly.

I see you are using the Parent Paths enabled version so ../ at the beginning may just work for you.

Nigel

hadijouma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hadijouma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2007 at 1:58am

For the search form, I had the same problem in the home page. So, I went ahead and placed the whole code for the search form instead of the include and it worked fine:
<!-- Start Search Box -->
                      <form action="store/pc/showsearchresults.asp" name="search" method="get" class="pcForms">
     <input type="hidden" name="pageStyle" value="H">
     <input type="hidden" name="resultCnt" value="10">
     <input type="Text" name="keyword" size="14" value="">
     <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Go >>" id="submit">
     </form>
                      <!-- End Search Box -->
you can do the same for the Adv. Search.

Originally posted by Justplaying Justplaying wrote:

Hi

Firstly can I say I have used Cartweaver for the last 3 years, but due to the lack of features and support I decided to look elsewhere.  This is how I found ProductCart.  An excellent product and now I feel as though I have wasted 3 years using Cartweaver

Anyway to my problem:

I have moved the home.asp to the root directory and followed all the directions in the manual but I have 2 issues:

1. The checkout link is pointing to the root directory

I made sure the include is pointing to the correct file

<!--#include file="Store/pc/SmallShoppingCart.asp" -->  

http://www.mind-blowing.co.uk/checkout.asp

When it should be http://www.mind-blowing.co.uk/Store/pc/checkout.asp

2.  Also have the same issue with the search function:

<!-- #Include file="Store/pc/SmallSearchBox.asp"-->

< size=14 name=keyword> < id=submit =submit value="Go >>" name=submit>

<DIV =pcSmallText>More search options

When you click on go or the more search options both try to find the file in the root directory

I have obviously missed something but tried 3 times when moving the files into the root directory  each with the same result

Any help would be appreciated

Neil

caughlan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caughlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2007 at 4:16am
I have moved my home page to the root this week - what a mess it was even with Dreamweaver. I am constantly finding things that aren't working.

My biggest concern is that the Smallshoppingcart.asp is cleared to 0 items everytime someone goes to the home page now. It works fine when moving withing the category and product pages.

The path to the include on the homepage header is store/pc/smallshoppingcart.asp

Can anyone help? Or can I post any other code to assist someone in helping??

thanks!
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2007 at 5:18am

Hi Caughlan,

Did you correct the paths to the include files? If smallshoppingcart.asp can't fild them it won't function properly.

Open smallshoppingcart.asp and look at the top - you'll see the include files it needs.

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic