FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MS Exchange & PC v3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
carstone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MS Exchange & PC v3
    Posted: 26-April-2007 at 11:02am
I am running SBS2003 and if I remember right, there is a maximum number of external connections you can have to the webserver portion of SBS. I may be completely off base, but you had better check into that if you are serving your pages externally.
amgqmp1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amgqmp1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2007 at 10:05am

Q: Should there be any problems?

A: No.  ProductCart supports a variety of standard channels for sending mail.  On a 2003 SBS, it's a 99% sure thing that you'll want to use CDOSYS.  You shouldn't have any issues that I won't cover in my next paragraph...

"Is this a bad idea to try to do?", you ask.  Well, that depends how your client measures a bad idea.  Consolidating many mission-critical servers (e.g. corporate e-mail and ecommerce) onto the same physical computer is going to create quite a dependency on that one computer.

You'll incur downtime on your ecommerce system when you're installing new Exchange service packs (assuming there will be any new ones released for 2003).
So, other than the obvious things that will occur by running all of those systems on one physical computer, you shouldn't have any issues.  Rather, many things will be simplified in small ways (e.g. SMTP security configuration) by the servers residing on the same system.

Based on the level of experience you claim to have, your client (and you) may be better off using a hosted productcart solution.  Of course, if their ecommerce requirements don't include absolute 24x7 availibility...then go for it.

spwc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spwc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2007 at 2:15am

My client asked if there would be any issues running MS Exchange server 2003 SB along with PC v3 on the same machine running Windows 2003 SB. Specifically, they were concerend about Exchange and PC v3's email sending function and any interference there may be.

• Has anybody done this?
  • Are there any issues?
  • Is this a bad idea to try to do?

This is my first PC install and I have never done anything more with Exchange other than checking my own email. Any comments would be very helpful.

Thanks.
- TL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic