ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Multiply price by number of letters in text box
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multiply price by number of letters in text box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pqmagic70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiply price by number of letters in text box
    Posted: 13-August-2014 at 5:48pm
One of the products in our current store is iron-on letters that are purchased to customize vests with a person's name or their group. They are sold individually and available in 4 different colors. Rather than having the customer choose from a 26 option drop down list or radio button selection (letters A-Z) for each individual letter they want our current system multiplies the count of a text box by the individual price of the letters. Since all letters are always available we don't have to worry about tracking stock so we just need the total price to reflect the individual price multiplied by the number of characters entered in the text box. I was able to customize the code of the current system to achieve this but I'm having a little difficulty figuring out the exact pages and procedures involved in adding products to the shopping cart in Product Cart. Any help that could save me some time would be greatly appreciated. I've managed to get figure out how to get Product Cart to do everything our current system does with this one exception. We're making the switch to Product Cart because it has a much more user friendly interface as well as a more appealing base layout.

Thanks
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2014 at 5:54pm
I'd consider looking at instPrd.asp to make these changes.  You may also need to adjust viewPrd.asp and associated (viewPrdCode.asp, viewPrdL.asp, etc.) depending upon how you want to alter the layout.  But if the idea is to count the characters in a custom input field, and use that to manipulate the quantity, start with instPrd.asp.
pqmagic70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pqmagic70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2014 at 7:27pm
Thanks Greg. I had been looking at viewPrd.asp and viewPrdCode.asp but I hadn't checked instPrd.asp. Hopefully that will be the missing piece.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic