ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Navigation problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Navigation problems
    Posted: 04-May-2009 at 11:11pm
I am just installing Product Cart for the first time and integrating with the design of my current website.  The process looked pretty straight forward, but I've already run into a problem.  The links are tied to the product cart directory, rather than going to the main web two levels higher.  See what I mean at this URL - http://www.creationsensation.net/productcart/pc/home.asp

Also, my pictures and the javascript in the top border are not running.  I am assuming that the problems are all tied to the same thing.  I have checked all the links in the header. asp and footer.asp and tried adding ../../ and I've also tried changing the links to direct www.etc ... , but nothing has corrected the problem yet.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 3:00am
Hi cs,

You will need to open whatever file contains the navigation links on the right side and change the "HREF" statements so that they use absolute links, instead of relative links. For example:
<a class="menulinks" href="carlasblog.htm">carla's blog</a>

... should become:
<a class="menulinks" href="http://www.creationsensation.net/carlasblog.htm">carla's blog</a>

This will take care of the problem.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 4:36am
Hi CS,
   The menu you are using is being generated via a bit of Javascript, although I see no reason/benefit for it in this case as the javascript just writes out some standard HTML and does nothing that would require the use of javascript. 
cs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 9:46am
I changed the "HREF" statements in the javascript to absolute links, and they still go to /ProductCart/pc/carlasblog.htm .   Why?  Where is the additional information coming from?

And yes, I realize that all three problems, the navigation, the missing pics, and the missing logo are all generated by javascript.  I guess I could dump the javascript, but I like the look of the logo it generates, and if I can get one problem fixed, I can probably get all three to work properly.

Any other suggestions?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 10:38am
Hi,
   Do you have more than one copy of the menu.js javascript? I checked the one in use : http://www.creationsensation.net/menu.js and it is unchanged from when I viewed it earlier and is using relative links. e.g. :-

document.write('</td></tr><tr><td class="menu">');
document.write('<a href="awesomewalks.htm" class="menulinks">awesome walks</a><br>');

Edited by Hamish - 05-May-2009 at 10:39am
cs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 11:24am
No, there is only one menu.js, and you have a good eye.  I changed it back after I tried it.  But I will be glad to change back to absolute links and let you take a look. Maybe I did something wrong.  Give me a few minutes. I'll post back here when I'm finished.
cs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 11:38am
Okay, now take a look at menu.js and menu_lower.js and menu_pictures.js.  You should see the changed I made to the links.

Thanks!
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 12:11pm
Hi CS,
     It's still the same when I look from here - you have remembered to upload them ? :-)
http://www.creationsensation.net/menu.js

cs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 12:19pm
uh. . . yeah, I did upload them . .  to the wrong directory!  <blush>  Thanks for the prod.  I did it again, and that seems to have fixed the links.  And I bet I can figure out how to fix the pictures and logo as well.  If I get stuck again, I'll be back.

Thanks!
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 12:21pm
No Problem - we've all made that mistake. good luck with the rest of the integration.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic