ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Navigation problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2009 at 8:47am
I still have some navigation problems that I need counsel about.  The deal - my main website, a dot com is still running on another server.  So I am building the new cart on our dot net.  And to complicate it even more, the first few days I was working, the dot net had not propogated from a dns change and I was working on a temporary url that was just a combination of some odd characters.  Now, some of the links are broken because some are looking for the dot com and others the dot net and same pages are looking for the odd string of stuff that I first started with. 

Will all these links sort themselves out when the dot com is transferred to point to product cart rather than my old cart (on another server)?  Do I need to change something within the program?  Do I need to do a reinstall?  If I do, will I loose the products that I have already entered?  I am confused about the whole navigation issue.

You can see the problems at www.creationsensation/productcart/pc/home.asp  Notice column on the right has entirely different links than the column on the left.

cs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2009 at 8:50am
lets try that again - www.creationsensation.net/productcart/pc/home.asp
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2009 at 10:29am
Hi,
    The navigation menu on the left (with the "+" icons) has, almost certainly, been generated from the admin pages using "Settings > Generate Navigation".  This uses scStoreURL from the includes/storeconstants.asp file.  It seems that scStoreURL is set to www.creationsensation.com instead of www.creationsensation.net.
Try changing that and then re-generating your navigation.
cs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2009 at 11:24am
Yes, that fixed the problem!  The navigation now works properly.  I assume that when I transfer the dns from the dot com to point to this new cart, I can just change the asp file back to creationsensation.com, generate new links and everything will be ready to go on the final product.  Is that right?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2009 at 11:26am
Hi,
  Yes, that's correct, but don't forget about the other links on your home page, which will also need to change.
cs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2009 at 11:28am
How will I change those?  I guess I still do not understand WHERE the information is coming from. Another .asp?
cs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2009 at 11:30am
And also, while I am showing my lack of understanding, why is the information all over the place instead of lined up nicely?  Is it a problem with tables in the html? 
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2009 at 11:46am
Hi, your missing a CSS file - pcHeaderFooter.css, it's in the  pc folder.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2009 at 12:00pm
Hi,
   I forgot to say about the other links, The "Browse by Price" will be fine, as should the others. The links I was referring to are the ones top right next to the header image.
cs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2009 at 12:09pm
I ftped in and looked in the pc file, and there is a folder named pcHeaderFooter.css there.  Maybe it is corrupted and I need to upload it again?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic