ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need to import subproducts with quantity discounts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need to import subproducts with quantity discounts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Video Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need to import subproducts with quantity discounts
    Posted: 16-July-2010 at 1:46pm
I need to be able to import quantity discounts at the sub-product level. I am using v3.51a with the apparel add-on. We just changed all of our prices and I see how you can use (Marketing/Quantity Discount by Product/Manage Sub-products) to set quantity discounts at only the sub level and not the parent SKU. With in that area you can you can apply these discount levels to other sub-products, but the problem is the software only allows you to change sub-products with in the parent product. Not any other sub-products which I have thousands of. I have imported products as well as apparel products with little problem, but not sure how to handle this quantity discount dilemma. Can anyone please help?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2010 at 3:21pm

We have created an import export module for volume discounts.   We also created an Excel macro that takes data from a couple formats that conflicted with the format that we designed this tool to read, thus enabling the merchant to convert data from a couple other sources to their main format.  We could look at what format your data is in and discuss what might need to change so that it would be compatible with this tool.

However, I don't believe PC can facilitate the discounts at the subproduct level - only the parent level.  If you can work around that requirement, I think I have a solution for you. 
Captain Video View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Video Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2010 at 4:32pm
We have changed our prices so that the discount is per product number and not group or Parent product. We don't want to allow our wholesale customers to mix and match to achieve a discount.
For instance we have a main part number of PC-AG. It is available in 4 sizes and available in three different colors. If I stick the quantity discount at Parent level, then they can mix any color or size to come up with the discount. We are trying to minimize data entry in our sales/inventory system to promote multiplies of the same exact part.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2010 at 4:46pm
Fair enough, but are you using QDbP (Quantity Discount by Product) in stock form, or did you change something.  If it is stock, our import module should work for you.

If you don't know if the stock QDbP feature will work for you, and if you have not altered it, I'd suggest preparing a couple test products for evaluation.   If you have altered that code, I would need to see what changes you made to determine if our import tool can be adapted to your needs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Video Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2010 at 4:50pm
As far as I know, no code has been changed. Is the QDbP an add on? All we have added is the Apparel add-on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2010 at 5:02pm
Not an add on.  Standard feature.  To the best of my knowledge, this feature
is designed to be applied to parent products.  I do not believe there is any difference in how this works with standard code, APP or BTO.   (EI please confirm.)

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2010 at 5:10pm
You can apply QD to sub-product in v4.  You can try it on the demo store.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Video Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2010 at 5:12pm
The QD at sub-product would that be able to be imported?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2010 at 5:34pm
Matt - thank you.  Had not come across that new development.  I've looked at a dev store admin and do not see it, but I will look again.

CV -  our tool could be revised to support this new functionality, but you would need to upgrade your store to v4.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Video Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-July-2010 at 7:39am
Greg-I'll upgrade if this means I can do this. One of my other websites is running v4.0a so I can test it there as well. Will I still need your tool and how much does it cost?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic