ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Newest V3.5 Product Add/Edit Features Not Great
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newest V3.5 Product Add/Edit Features Not Great

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newest V3.5 Product Add/Edit Features Not Great
    Posted: 18-November-2008 at 12:34am
I have also been very disappointed with the Admin/back-end handling of Products Adding/Editing functionality and the newest 3.5 version is a minor improvement , but still needs a major overhaul.  I give it a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10.  I have been using PC for about 2 yrs.  During the same time, I have been using Volusion.  My advice to the PC team is to sign up for the free trial at volusion and take a good long look at this ASP shopping cart.  In particular, notice how easy it is to layout your products on a grid, and be able to edit any field on the list.  All 120 of them!
Once you are done there, go to the process order page.  Here you can enter a phone order, or print invoices, whatever you need.  It is the back-end that really makes Volusion shine in my view.  Don't talk about customizing the look, cuz that ain't there.  I just would like to see PC try to run a store from the backend and then you would see how damn frustrating it is. Fortunately, my products don't change very often, otherwise, I would pull the plug.
Curt
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2008 at 3:40am
Hi avalight,

thank you for your feedback, but please provide more details because the message above is a bit too generic.

The feedback we receive constantly from ProductCart users is exactly the opposite of what you are stating above. ProductCart is indeed chosen by merchants for the strong store administration features that it offers.

With regard to editing products, features like "Global Changes", which in a few seconds can save you hours of work, are normally not found in other shopping carts. The same is true with the strong Product and Category Import Wizards. Try importing hundreds of categories and subcategories with their images, descriptions, etc. in many other shopping carts, and you are completely out of options.

With regards to placing orders on behalf of customers, as you know you can select a customer account (or create a new one) in the Control Panel and instantly place an order for that customer, taking advantage of every feature that is built into the ProductCart storefront: from unlimited pricing categories, to the product configurator, from product- and category-based quantity discounts, to gift wrapping, etc. You name it. The main reason why there is no simple order form in the Control Panel is that ProductCart has so many features that it is virtually impossible to squeeze them all onto a single page.

With regard to adding and editing products, please provide more details so that we can understand exactly where the issues are. Can you give us a specific example of a task that you find difficult in ProductCart?

Thanks again.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 4:11pm
I am with EI here, PC is easy to use, and the new V35 is a great improvement over V311. I will admit that I have never used Volusion.
avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2008 at 12:07am
There are two features in Volusion that would be worth a look for getting into PC...Phone order Processing and Working with Products in a column format.  Hamish, your PM is full, otherwise I would write directly, I lost my whole response to you .  The other thing about PC needs fixing is the cross selling admin.
Curt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic