ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newsletter wizard problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorilorilori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newsletter wizard problems
    Posted: 18-February-2008 at 6:19pm
Hi All.

I am having trouble with the newsletter wizard. I want to send newsletters with pictures, and so I went to the "email settings".
it was set to CDONTS and because that will only allow you to send newsletters in text form, i checked to see which other components I had installed

Apparently I have both ServerObjectsASPMail and persits ASPmail installed along with the CONDTS and CDOSYS..
 So I tried switching to
ServerObjectsASPMail , and then persits ASPmail.
 Neither seems to work. When I tried to generate a test email to myself, the first time i tried it said that my email was working. So I tried to send a newsletter to myself and it never showed up. I then tried again and have gotten a couple of different error messages - one I keep getting is "server caused connect abort" when I try to use the Persits ASPmail. If I try to use the ServerObjectsASPMail, It just times out and doesn't send anything.
The only components that seem to work for me are CDONTS and CDOSYS -  but these will only let me send text newsletters (WHy? Who wants to just send plain text newsletters?!)

I don't know how I will ever be able to send newsletters if I can't get this to work. And my web developers are going to charge me to figure it out....so I am hoping to get some help here first, since I am broke (sales are BAD!!)
Thanks guys!
Lori

Edited by lorilorilori - 18-February-2008 at 6:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic