ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Order new customers by date of registration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andi.magill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Order new customers by date of registration
    Posted: 07-May-2008 at 12:10pm
Hi All

We have come across one of those little quirks and wonder if you could include a fix in the next version - shouldn't be to hard to do.

Basically, on our site www.seventilmidnight.co.uk potential clients can view the products and then register to become an authorised wholeseller - however they can't see pricing until we have vetted them and have set their status to wholesale rather than retail. this all works fine!

However what we have noticed now is that there is no way (at a glance) to tell when we do a search for new customers, (ie: search for all retail customers) if another member of our staff has already vetted them and decided not to give them wholesale status (for whatever reason) or if they are new customers who have just registered and are waiting to be vetted.

My idea then would be to ask if you can add a search param to sort by date.
i.e: search for all retail cutomers from 2/3/08 to 3/3/08 and sort Assending etc...
or have the a 'new' icon appear next to the potential clients that haven't been vetted yet.

My initial thought was to just delete them as we vet & reject them but figured that
we may very well want to contact or target them in the future via an email etc...
And while it is easy enough at this moment in time to view who's who it may not be 6 months down the line when we have pages and pages of retail clients.

I hope all this makes sense - I can try explain a bit better if u need me to.

All the best

Andi
Just doin the do!
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2008 at 5:33pm
Hi Andi, this feature seems rather specific to the way your business is run. We don't believe we have received another request along these lines before. This is the kind of project that is a better candidate for a customization. It's probably not going to become part of the default ProductCart files in the immediate future.

We strongly believe in being completely up-front with our customers. We're sorry if this is not the answer that you were looking for. We would recommend that you contact a developer for a quote. It should not be a large project for a good developer.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2008 at 5:51pm
I see your point in having your wholesale customers pre-register and then you approve.  We don't offer online registration for wholesalers, because we do not want to encurage over registrations.  Meaning the applicants registering, even if they don't qualify for wholesale.  This would mean we have to weed through, like you are describing it.  What we did is create a page with information on how to become a wholesale customer with an application to print out.  That application has to get faxed in with some form of business credential.  After that we set up the wholesale account and send an email of approval to the applicants.  After that they can log in and see wholesale pricing.  We never had to turn anyone down with this approach nor did we have any funky registrations who never show credentials at all.  We simply require a little bit more work on the applicants side.  You can take a look at www.germanplaza.com and follow the link for wholesale on the bottom of the page.
Katharina
avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2008 at 11:29pm
I would like at least to see the customer id on the list page, then that can be sorted and registrations can be viewed easier.  That seems simple, does anyone know the easiest way to add this code?  And where?
Curt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic