ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Order of things - Up Down not Numbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Order of things - Up Down not Numbers
    Posted: 08-June-2012 at 11:11am
I would like to suggest that you replace the editable number ordering system of products/categories, options... with a simple up/down arrow system. I don't mind seeing the number order of an item, but when you have several items it is a tedious task to insert new items and reorder them numerically.

I believe Joomla has a good example and even better take a look at CMS Made simple.

Thanks guys.

M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2012 at 10:59am
Today I am having to insert an option for several Apparel products and I am reminded of the HUGE task it is to resort the options along with rebuilding all the subproducts. PLEASE come up with a more user friendly sorting system.

My brain hurts. Back to being Rainman...
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2012 at 11:12am
We created this last year:

I'm sure we could build a comparable feature for sorting options, or however you want it to work, if you want that done for you.
M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2012 at 11:18am
That is pretty freaking cool! The drag and drop would be much quicker and very intuitive compared to counting out loud, one hand on the next number and your eyes bouncing between rows. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic