ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Page Navigation - View All?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Page Navigation - View All?
    Posted: 24-May-2007 at 6:45pm
Has anyone successfully added to or modifed the Paging Navigation to
include a "View All" Button?

It's a feature I'd love to add for our customers who have fast connections
and want to see the entire contents of a category or search result at once
rather than clicking through several pages....
fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2007 at 6:50pm
Yes, I would also like to know this. Right now I just adjust the search results to 50 just so there aren't very many pages, but it takes a little bit to load if they have a slower connection. So I would like to take it down to 25 or so for the default results and then have the Link to view all as Rotokirby stated.
Linda - I wish I knew ASP.
To view my ever evolving site click the "www" button below. :)
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2007 at 7:22pm
View all can be done a number of ways:

1.  Do a search yourself and then note the URL - create a link to the URL that results wherever you want it.  By using the advanced search you can choose how many products you want per page.   If you do an advanced search but don't enter a keyword, it will find all records.

Here's our example URL created by PC for us:
http://www.wovenwheatwhispers.co.uk/folk_community/pc/showse archresults.asp?priceFrom=0&priceUntil=999999999&sku =&IDBrand=0&keyWord=&customfield=0&SearchVal ues=&resultCnt=50&order=3&Submit.x=55&Submit .y=8&Submit=Search+

As you can see, to show all records on one page just change the resultcnt item from 50 to whatever you want, a million records.... well give it a try!!

2.  Use the 'Create Storemap' function which creates a page with links to every product.  Here's ours:
http://www.wovenwheatwhispers.co.uk/folk_community/pc/catalo g/StoreMap.html

Storemaps are quick to load and categorise your data nicely.

3.  Simply create a 'View all' category and add every product to it.

You can then refine how many items are shown using the display setting in product cart.

Hope these help

cheers
Mark

Edited by MarkCoyle - 24-May-2007 at 7:25pm
rotokirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2007 at 9:03pm
Thanks Mark and Fidjiti for your replies! I'm hoping to be able to modify
pcPageNavigation.asp so "View All" is a default option and avoid having to
save searches and whatnot, but there are some good hints for workarounds
in your posts.
fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2007 at 9:05pm
Hey post your edited code here when you have it. I didn't like the "save searches" thing either so let me know what you end up changing or adding to your code.

Thanks!
rotokirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2007 at 9:12pm
Don't hold your breath....I'm not much of an ASP coder...but I'm gonna see if
I can cut and paste it together! :p
fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2007 at 9:14pm
good luck. meniether. :) That's why i love this forum!
nurvserver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurvserver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2009 at 3:15am
Here is my work around. Always back up first. And this is just a work around.
1. open viewcategories.asp
2. do a search and find the line: <% end if
end Sub
Sub PageCategoriesNav(thepagecount)
3. right Before this line add this link code: <a href="showsearchresults.asp?idcategory=<%=pIdCategory%>&resultCnt=1000">View All</a>

This basically just finds the category your in and views it on the showsearchresults.asp page that allows you to specify the number of product shown. I have 1000 but you can change to whatever. I also deleted some of the language files from the showsearchresults.asp so it looks just like the category page. This is not great but it works.

On another note how hard could this possibly to add a view all button EarlyImpact? You have it everywhere else but not on the category pages? Also the add to registry button should be on the product pages not in the shopping cart. Makes no sense in an otherwise flawless product.
BlackReefDesigns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2009 at 2:43am
nurvserver, I applied your coding to my site, and the 'View All' link works great!

Specifically, I am looking to have a drop-down menu on the category page that allows to show a certain amount of products per page (25, 50, 75, View All).

here is a perfect example:

http://www.midwayusa.com/esearch.exe/search

How could I apply this to my site?

Thanks

Joe S.
BlackReef.net
nurvserver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurvserver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2009 at 3:07am
Here is a start

This could be done using the excact same code as above.
In dreamweaver just point your dropdown menu links to:
showsearchresults.asp?idcategory=<%=pIdCategory%>&resultCnt=25
showsearchresults.asp?idcategory=<%=pIdCategory%>&resultCnt=50
showsearchresults.asp?idcategory=<%=pIdCategory%>&resultCnt=100
etc...

Add this code to your viewcategories.asp. The html code would be something like this
<form name="form" id="form">
<select name="jumpMenu" id="jumpMenu" onchange="MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)">
    <option value="showsearchresults.asp?idcategory=<%=pIdCategory%>&resultCnt=25">25</option>
    <option value="showsearchresults.asp?idcategory=<%=pIdCategory%>&resultCnt=50">50</option>
    <option value="showsearchresults.asp?idcategory=<%=pIdCategory%>&resultCnt=100">100</option>
</select>
</form>

Note: have not tested this yet, this is just off the top of my head, if you need help I can test it for you to get more specific.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic