ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parent Paths Disabled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syntechllc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parent Paths Disabled
    Posted: 30-November-2007 at 12:11am

My host has parent path disabled so I uploaded the contents of the Parent Paths Disabled folder to my site.  I also renamed my productcart folder and pcadmin folder as per the directions and DID update the .asp files to reflect them.  The problem is when I go through the setup wizard I get an error that says

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126' 

Include file not found

/estore/setup/step2_results.asp, line 1

The include file 'productcart/includes/productcartFolder.asp' was not found.

I did find in the guide at the bottom in Appendix H the following

The PPD version of ProductCart assumes that the "productcart" folder has been placed in the root folder of your Web server’s account. If you would like to move it to a subfolder, you will have to replace the following strings globally within the "productcart" folder.

Replace: virtual="productcart/includes/

With: virtual="<path to the folder>/productcart/includes/

Replace: filename="/productcart/pc/

With: filename="/<path to the folder>/productcart/pc

If you have renamed the ProductCart folder, you will also need to replace the above strings globally to reflect the different folder name (if "productcart" is in the root, use the same strings listed above, but remove the <path to the folder> portion).

Now I'm confused here because it says that I must replace the strings globally.  How do I do this?  They didn't give me a file to make the changes to like the did for when I renamed my folders.  Where do these changes take place?

Jeremy Schaffer
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-November-2007 at 4:33am

Hi Jeremy: as mentioned in our documentation, you need to use a "Find & Replace" tool to perform this store-wide change. Adobe Dreamweaver contains a great "Find & Replace" tool, for example.

When IIS is setup with Parent Paths Disabled, running an ASP application does become a headache. The vast, vast majority of Web hosts have Parent Paths Enabled.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic