Password validation not working....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Password validation not working....
    Posted: 20-August-2008 at 7:32pm
OK, if that's the answer you received, it's probably because our staff was not able to replicate the problem in our test stores. It might be that there is a JavaScript conflict, maybe with JavaScript used in your graphical interface (e.g. navigation). This can sometimes happen. You can use the "Error Console" in FireFox to see if there are any JavaScript errors on the page. Anyway, if you feel that this is a bug that needs to be addressed in ProductCart, feel free to open a new support ticket and reference this conversation.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
gary_enna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary_enna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 7:27pm

I was given a resolution, but after dialog with the productcart support staff, they said they could look into it, but at the development rate ($80.00 an hour) - the issue is not such a big deal to me, so I have decided to just let it go, and not spend the money.

Don't take my answer the wrong way, you guys are actually really great about getting back to me and working on issues. A+ support all the way and I recommend your company to anyone who is looking for a ecommerce solution, just no one could tell me why my site doesn't validate passwords anymore.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 6:27pm
Gary: are you saying that you submitted a ticket and we did not provide a resolution? Please provide the ticket number so that we can look into what happened.

This sounds like a bug in the password confirmation routine (to make sure the two passwords match). If there is a bug, it will be fixed.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
gary_enna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary_enna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 6:13pm
I have still not received a clear answer on this from product cart as to why this is happening. I have just learned to live with it.
ashleycameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleycameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 5:59pm
Me too, facing same problem mate..
What to do?
Any Suggestions...

gary_enna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary_enna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2008 at 5:57pm

I am not sure when this all started, but for some reason now, when a new customer creates an account with my store, the password validation doesnt work. I mean a new customer can click login and checkout - it then takes them to the registration page were they enter their password and then re-enter it. For some reason now my site doesnt validate this field. I have been able to create customers with a password of 123456 and re-enter the password abcdef - Goes through just fine and creates the password off the first entry 123456...

The same issue for an existing customer - if they want to change the password I get the same thing, they can enter one password...the re-enter a completely different password and it goes through.

Not really sure how to solve this, I have looked over my pages (everyone of the ProductCart files is uploaded) and I cannot seem to find any instances of any JavaScripting stepping on anything....Anyone know of any way to solve this?

We generate a password for a lot of customers with instructions that they need to update thier password after they login...this is not a huge issue, but I can just see customers mis-typing thier passwords and not being able to get into thier accounts...yes they can use the forgot password option, but I dont want to have to use that a ton.

Any advice would be great, thanks in advance for the help!

- Gary

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic