ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pipe Dream: Kill tables for layout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pipe Dream: Kill tables for layout
    Posted: 07-July-2010 at 2:20am
I know this is a pipe dream; it would take a lot of work, but ideally I'd like to see tables used for layout replaced with divs and CSS controls.

Here's the issue: tables take a lot longer to render in a browser, esp. if they are nested, which they are on pages such as category pages, etc.

On the other hand, styling divs can be very challenging for most folks when it comes to the spacial aspects of margins, borders, padding, and width definitions. Things can easily fly apart for any but the most experienced designers.

But then again, page load time is an issue with both end-users and Google's algorithm.
p00pstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p00pstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-February-2011 at 7:39am
I second that, it's also a bad dream when you're customising. Never knowing which <td> is not closed...
www.dotdesignmedia.ro // web application development
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic