ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Placing content pages into categories?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rblanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Placing content pages into categories?
    Posted: 17-June-2008 at 10:08am
Im pretty versed in ProductCart, but wanted to know if there was a way to make categories/subcategories for content pages? There are 12 pages under the normal website, but the users want to create ARTICLES to appear elsewhere on the site. I dont want to statically link each article. Is there a way to seperate them so they can appear in their own area on the site?

Thanks!
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2008 at 10:15am
Good idea.  We have crafting products for sale and it would be nice to have content pages in their categories with crafting instructions.  Right now we put them onto product pages, which means you have to look at each product.  Now imaging of selling 6 different cardboard egg sizes and each one has different instructions.  A subcategory is crafting ideas would be marvelous. 
Katharina
rblanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rblanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2008 at 10:45am
That's actually another good reason to add it. Our newest PC customer posts articles very frequently. I'd love to just have them appear in their own section away from the other content. Right now its a complete mess because they are all being combined. Lets hope someone sheds some light here. I assumed that this would be a pretty obvious addition that would be in the latest version. Anyway, i sure hope it happens soon.
Robert Blanda
President
CaddisArt, Inc.
benpate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benpate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2008 at 2:49pm
Yes, I think this would be helpful as well.
rblanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rblanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2008 at 8:52am
Has anyone figured this out yet?
Robert Blanda
President
CaddisArt, Inc.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2008 at 9:12am
We just launched www.euphoriababy.com based on our client's design and artwork.  Have a look at the innovative way they created content pages, for example under the Diaper category.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2008 at 9:45am
Hi Greg,
      Am I correct in thinking they use " Category" pages - just not placing any actual products within them? Smart idea.

Hamish

Edited by Hamish - 26-August-2008 at 9:47am
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2008 at 10:01am
Yes, she used the category admin tool to create pages of content, but didn't assign products to those categories, thus the "no products" message at the bottom. 

I was terribly impressed when I saw what she'd done.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 4:21am
That's a nice way to go. They could clear (empty) that message in "languages.asp" so that it is not displayed.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
thegardenbath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegardenbath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2008 at 4:22pm
Thanks to you, Greg, for sharing your client's way of using categories for the content pages.  Very clever!

I've done this on my site now too (still in development) and took earlyimp's suggestion of removing the code in languages too.  Thanks! 

I really love these forums - every question I've had about customizing the cart so far has been found here.  Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic