ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help, just getting started

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help, just getting started
    Posted: 28-May-2008 at 8:00pm
So I built a static web page "template" in dreamweaver for a client, and now I am trying to integrate the ProductCart software into the page for a customer.

This is what I know:
Any time you want to edit the static web page (.html in this case) you must make the changes you want, create a header.asp and footer.asp from the code, and upload to the website.  Thats easy.   I also have a large spreadsheet uploaded, and what I am doing currently for the navigation is basically doing absolute URL links from the Nav to the product ID  (ie; I will link the product in the Nav on the left to the ProductCart page that displays that product)  is this the best way to manage my navigation?

Right now, I have the software appearing in the center of the web page, and the nav on the left and right of the page.

What I want to know is, how can I customize the colors, fonts and graphics of the software in the middle of the page, to match the theme of the rest of the page I have created in DW?

Thanks
J

Also, the way I am doing links is after
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2008 at 8:22pm
Hi J,
   The customisation of the look & graphics etc is fairly straight forward.  The graphics can be customised by choosing a "buttons"  file from the developers corner and your then free to make it your own by coloring it etc etc - or you can build your own unique buttons if you wish. http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/support/developers.asp#buttons 

The rest of the "customization" is achievable by amending the CSS files and setting options for the layout via the admin pages.
Beyond that you can amend the underlying code if you wish to achieve something that is outside the boundaries of the options & css - but you can usually achieve a good match to the rest of your site with just the "standard" changes to buttons, css & options.

There are many ways of arranging your navigation - it depends on your store.
On the same page the  buttons are available from there is a section of "code snippets" which include code for dynamic navigation - which is great for sites that are updated very frequently.  Or you can use the admin  panel options under "settings > generate navigation" for creating the navigation, or create your own unique navigation.

The wiki & the manual have lots more info as well.

HTH
Hamish

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic