ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pounds not nickles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pounds not nickles
    Posted: 23-August-2008 at 7:48am

I've done following changes in /pc/gwAuthorizeAIM.asp file:

Line: 117
Old: stext=stext & "&x_Amount=" & pcBillingTotal
New: stext=stext & "&x_Amount=" & pcBillingTotal / 70

Line: 478
Old: <%=money(pcBillingTotal)%>
New: <%=money(pcBillingTotal / 70)%>

(Assuming 1 USD = 70 BDT)

Tell me what do you think.

Edited by angel - 23-August-2008 at 7:49am
Sultan Arefin
www.chorka.com
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2008 at 11:19am
I know some gateways do convert it for the customers.  Never used this feature at all.    I'm in the US and all prices are in US dollars on my site.  I don't have a pop up with an exchange rate, because that one may vary from card issuing company to another.  They all have their little build in fees.  I worry that if we show a converted rate that it may not be what later shows on the customers statement.  That can open a whole new can of worms.  Sometimes customers ask up front and I tell them to check www.xe.com to get an idea, but warn them that bank/conversion charges may apply.   As a customer I would always figure out what the exchange rate it by myself, if I order from another country.  I have done so in the past and expect a site to run in their own currency.   Most international customers on our site use paypal, because paypal shows them the converted price.   Never had a problem at all.
Katharina
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2008 at 7:40am
Hi Angel,
    ProductCart does NO currency conversion AFAIK - it's a function that should be provided by the payment gateway, so perhaps you should choose a different payment gateway?
geoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2008 at 7:40am
HI Angel
I abandoned setting up a UK site with UK pound configuration. My US site only displays US$. All customers see only US$ on the PC site. The only thing I try to help with is offering a pop-up for currency conversion calculation for non-US customers.

Katharina maybe more help.
angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2008 at 7:23am
Hi geoff/Katharina,

I'm having similar problem. I'm using ProductCart v3.11 & Authorize.Net as payment gateway. ProductCart doesn't convert BDT (Local Currency) to USD and Authorize.Net accepts/process USD only. I'm confused about your Nova/DCC service & integration with my current scenario. Can you help me with this?
Sultan Arefin
www.chorka.com
geoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2008 at 9:59pm
There are different tiers for different "risks".

I recently renegotiated my rates by changing vendor. I previously was using LinkPoint as gateway and merchant and my total costs were 4-4.5% . With my new account they are 2.25-2.5% for the same mix of international, verified and non-verified. The percentage includes all monthly gateway and other fees. The extra few percentage points are significant given my unfortunate low overall gross margins ;-). Rates that merchants receive in the US depend on risk, volume and who you contact. Also the quality of service if you go too far.

My specific rate for a unverified non-US bank card is 3.75% plus 22cent.

By the way - I am much happier with Authorize.net than my previous gateway. I had a spate of fraudulent charge backs which caused a significant loss. I also now have fewer incomplete transactions.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2008 at 8:46pm
Geoff, Just out of interest - what;s the typical rates for merchants in the USA?

geoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2008 at 8:45pm
Hi Katharina
I have recent switched to Nova also. I think the conversion thing is the Direct Currency Conversion (DCC) - but hopefully a customer never needs to "see" into the gateway.

Unless anyone has any other comments on this - I agree it is a question for my merchant bank.

Thank you both
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2008 at 8:40pm
It all depends on the gateway you are using.  I use VirtualMerchant from Nova in the USA.  They ask you in what currency you like to operate.  Then your site will transfer the information in your currency to them and they will process it in that currency.  They also have some conversion thing for customers from other countries.  It will show the customer the total in their own currency.  We don't use it so I can't give you to much info on that part.  So overall this is not a PC question, but rather a question of what gateway you plan to use.
Katharina
geoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2008 at 8:28pm
Hi Mark
Thanks for the prompt response. I understand what you have described - but what if you were running your UK site taking UK pounds payments but had a US merchant bank account and US gateway.

Do you think that it would all be equivalent?

Secondly, I was looking at UK merchant  fees  for UK credit cards - the ones I found were quoting 3.5%, this is very high by US standards. Do you have any recommendations? ( I have both a UK and US address).

Thanks

Edited by geoff - 02-May-2008 at 8:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic