ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pre-Purchase question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quasar2U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre-Purchase question
    Posted: 03-September-2011 at 12:28am
Product Cart users,

Several pre-purchase questions:

1)Is there a manual method to enter tracking numbers for orders that shipped, say by using PayPal shipping, or another, non-Endicia postage/shipping service?

2)Anyone familiar with FACTA?  Basically, it's government legislation in the US that limits what credit card data can appear on receipts.  I noticed Product Cart prints the Expiration date of the card on the generated invoices in the demo store - a "perceived" (by the courts!) violation of FACTA. 
Can anyone (Early Impact or a user) tell me if the credit card expiration date does print on the invoice in a live store?   Litigation and/or customization ain't my thing, and I'm needing to switch carts - my current cart just "upgraded" and reduced our useablity to squat. 

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Brian
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2011 at 12:58pm
Hi Brian,
  Welcome to the forum.
    Without the card number I don't see that the date is on any use, but we will check it out & if will get the date removed ASAP if it needs to be. Removing it should be a trivial thing.

There is a comments area for orders which is for the admin side of orders, so it could be added there. There is info about UPS and USPS tracking numbers on the WIKI I believe.

Hamish

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2011 at 1:25pm
Hi Brian,
     I just double cheked regarding the tracking number and we have a field specifically for the tracking number which is entered when you run the shipping wizard -
Shipment Method:     
Tracking Number:     
Shipped Date:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic