Forum Description: ProductCart Suggestions
URL: https://forum.productcart.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1214
Printed Date: 14-May-2024 at 6:33pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Request a Review
Posted By: GVLINK
Subject: Request a Review
Date Posted: 05-November-2007 at 8:07am
Reviews are good for our business; they help customers make buying decisions, and they help search engines find our site.
The trick is getting your customers to review the products that they purchased.

I
t could be done sending an email to every customer asking them to review the product(s) they bought.

Many kind thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: ShoeSells
Date Posted: 13-May-2009 at 10:41am
This would be a great feature to add.   We have plans to add it to help also with the buying decisions and search engines find us.  Our plans are send one out 30 days after the ship date. 

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 13-May-2009 at 9:44pm
I'm interested in this thread.

Reviews are one of the few "Web 2.0" options for shopping cart sites typically, and they really can be beneficial for customers making buying decisions (I always scan reviews when they're available when shopping online), and add the same kind of "SEO kick" to pages that comments on blog posts can provide (that is, new content being added, which keep the robots coming back looking for new stuff).

The issue with smaller merchants, though, always seems to be how to encourage customers to actually come back and contribute a review.

Some ideas:
  • Definitely follow-up emails as has been suggested here (pretty simple to do, really)
  • Perhaps offering loyalty points and/or discount coupons for those that contribute reviews (I'm amazed how few online stores do this)
Another ancillary idea I was thinking about is to allow folks to write a product review to also contribute a testimonial of their experience with their purchasing history. Testimonials can definitely help with customer confidence/buying decisions and with SEO in that they can be used as randomized content that can keep pages looking fresh to search engine robots.

Posted By: thegardenbath
Date Posted: 02-June-2009 at 11:59am
I'd definitely be interested in this mod!  My business is making bath & body products, and until they invent smell-o-vision, the more reviews I get on a scent or product - the better!

Thanks!  I've bookmarked your site to keep an eye on the development of this one.

Posted By: whizzinpc
Date Posted: 05-March-2010 at 2:37pm
This would be a great add-on and is much needed.

Date Posted: 05-March-2010 at 9:32pm
Thanks for continuing to voice your interest, folks.

I'm still following this, and it is on our list. Just have some other's ahead of it, namely HTML formatted emails, Left Navigation Control, and Follow-Up on Abandonded carts.

Follow me on Twitter if you want to be informed of our new add-ons and other PC news: http://twitter.com/SeanWMS - http://twitter.com/SeanWMS

Posted By: katharina
Date Posted: 05-March-2010 at 10:07pm
I would love to offer reward points to my customers for placing reviews.

-------------
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com

Date Posted: 05-March-2010 at 11:18pm
Thanks, Katharina,

That's definitely one of the options. It's been quite I while scince I first specked this one out, so I'm wide open to folks here helping us think of the various ways to "bribe" customers into contributing a review.

First of all, I think there will have to be a policy in place to explicate what is a "quality" review -- good or bad, it must meet a certain level of thoughtfulness and then be reviewed by admin before it displays and the "bribe" is awarded, methinks.

Next, what are some of the creative ways to "bribe" them?
  1. Reward points
  2. Coupon code of some sort
    1. Could be a discount on next order
    2. Could be a discount on shipping for next order
  3. Send them something free -- maybe a cap or t-shirt with your company logo

Any other ideas on the "bribes"?

Posted By: ProductCart
Date Posted: 06-March-2010 at 12:13am
ProductCart v4.1 will include simple reminders to write a review. As of right now it does not include a reward for doing so, but this could be added down the road.

What it will do, as of right now...

- IF product reviews are ON
- IF product has not been excluded from reviews via the product exclusion feature
- THEN show a "Write a review" link below the product name:
> on the order completed page (but not the printer-friendly page)
> on the order details page (but not on the printer-friendly page)

-------------
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart http://www.productcart.com" rel="nofollow - shopping cart software

Date Posted: 06-March-2010 at 1:30am
Our approach will be an email follow-up, after the customer has had time to receive and experience the product.

We weren't considering anything as imediate as:
> on the order completed page (but not the printer-friendly page)
> on the order details page (but not on the printer-friendly page)

Posted By: ProductCart
Date Posted: 06-March-2010 at 1:39am
Sean, good point. Probably not a good idea to have it on the "order completed" page

-------------
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart http://www.productcart.com" rel="nofollow - shopping cart software

Date Posted: 06-March-2010 at 1:48am
No reason not to hve it there too though; might be useful to a returning customer buying the same thing again.

Posted By: mattprice
Date Posted: 06-March-2010 at 4:35am
Perhaps a facility to switch on a list of the Last 10 Purchased Products below the list of links on the Account Menu screen (custpref.asp) with a link alongside each product to "Please Leave a Review".

A regular customer is probably more likely to leave a review and this is the screen they are probably going to return to after they have purchased.  As a heading to this box perhaps there could be a decription set within the admin that spells out any incentives on offer for writing a review (as previously mentioned).

Matt

Posted By: katharina
Date Posted: 06-March-2010 at 10:57am
Talking about customer "rewards" or "bribes".  ;-)
What about a birthday club.  The customer has the option to give his birthday (month and date, year not needed) for special birthday promotions.  Kind of like signing up for the newsletter.  Two weeks prior a birthday coupon would be send out. 

-------------
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com

Posted By: wesley
Date Posted: 08-March-2010 at 7:25am
I would like to throw my support behind this add-on. An avid online shopper loves reviews and gives them them the confidence to make the purchase.   i would like to have something that would send an email out x amount of days after shipment has been completed stating their opinion matters and helps other customers in making informed buying decision and for their time if they provide a quality revue they can receive x percent off of their next order. If we accept it, then the system would generate coupon code that would be good for 60 days. This add-on would be golden for us and I'm sure for a lot of other ecommerce sites as well.

Posted By: whizzinpc
Date Posted: 08-March-2010 at 6:54pm
Auto email would be the best way to do it... and when a customer logs in to their account and views a previous order, each item they purchased should have a link to write a review for it.

We email our customers that ordered x amount of days ago and in the email we link them to their account and give them instructions to view previous order and click the write a review button which is next the each product they purchased.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net