ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Printing FedEx Label

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catsully7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Printing FedEx Label
    Posted: 07-December-2006 at 12:27pm
Our ProductCart v 3.4  is integrated with FedEx.  When  we process  an order for shipping via FedEx, we get the info back from FedEx with a tracking number and a link to print the label. 

My problem is with the Label.  The Label is formatted to print from a Laser or InkJet printer, but we are using a Thermal Printer, the Zebra 2844, supplied by FedEx.  The label that is returned for printing is too large/not formatted to fit on the Zebra size blank labels, so we cannot print out the label.

We do not want to print the label using our Laser printer because we would have to print the label onto a regular, blank piece of printing paper and this will not work for us because we need to print our labels out on an acual sticky-backed label, not a plain pc of paper.

I called FedEx thinking that they could fix it on their end, but they said that it had to be fixed in ProductCart in the code so that the label that is returned during FedEx processing is actually formated to the correct size to print with our Zebra Thermal Printer.

Does anyone know how to fix this situation?  I really need to print my labels on the Zebra Thermal printer, and I need the labels to be returned from the FedEx API formatted and ready to print from the Zebra printer.

Thanks!

Catsully7

www.fairlightcosmetics.com
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2006 at 12:38pm
I believe this is something Product Cart needs to do in order to get FedEx approval for that printer / label combination.
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2006 at 12:42pm

This is something that we are going to work on in the near future. For now, you will have to print to a laser printer.

However, remember that you can order free plastic pouches from FedEx, slip the printed label into one, and easily attach it to your package. So there is no need of using tape to attach the label to a package.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
catsully7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catsully7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2006 at 6:36pm
Thanks so much!

We used a Miva cart for the last 5 years, and just switched to ProductCart -

ProductCart is a MILLION TIMES BETTER!
Catsully7

www.fairlightcosmetics.com
fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2007 at 12:50pm
You can also order laser labels from fedex.com. They are labels which are 8.5 x 11 and have a removable label on the top half of the sheet. So you can print the shipping image onto them using your laser printer without needing to use the clear pouch. Then you just stick it onto the package. It's what I use with my laser printer and they are free from fedex! The only thing you have to do is adjust your margins before you print to make sure the image is centered on label.

Just order it from fedex.com and select "order supplies" then select, "FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com"

Product Code:
FedEx® Laser Labels
Item # 146525

Hope that helps!
Linda - I wish I knew ASP.
To view my ever evolving site click the "www" button below. :)
KABCWD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KABCWD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2007 at 11:18am
Has Early Impact been able to work out with Fedex the ability to print to The Zebra Thermal Printer?  It has been some time now and no word as to when this may happen....
Interior Digs
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2007 at 2:53pm

Since FedEx labels reside on your server but need printed via your computer’s ports (e.g. parallel, USB, etc.) there are some security issues. 

FedEx doesn't provide any "plug-in" so this is something we have to workaround.

In other words, this is a substantial project and unfortunately it did make it into v3.1.

We still plan to provide this feature, but I don’t have any ETA.

legolas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legolas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2007 at 4:43pm
[QUOTE=Matt]

Since FedEx labels reside on your server but need printed via your computer’s ports (e.g. parallel, USB, etc.) there are some security issues.  [/QUOTE]

Just a quick question..

It looks like this is possible using UPS but not FedEx?  We use the same Thermal Printer (UPS supports it as well) and want to make sure that this will work with UPS to print the label to our Thermal Printer.

It says on your product page that:

Print shipping labels to your favorite printer (including UPS thermal printer)

Is this statement true?

Edited by legolas - 19-November-2007 at 4:44pm
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2007 at 3:05am
Unfortunately there was a page on our Web site that reported this incorrectly. We apologize for the incorrect information. Unfortunately there are some technical difficulties that have prevented us from being able to print to a thermal printer so far. The way to go at this point remains to print to a regular printer and insert the printed label in one of the free plastic pouches provided by FedEx or UPS.

Edited by earlyimp - 20-November-2007 at 3:06am
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
mullins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2007 at 6:42am
Just as a slight aside to this, is anyone here from the UK and using FedEx UK, the old ANc company? and if so are you using any integration with productcart?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic