ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem *Dis*-abling SSL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem *Dis*-abling SSL
    Posted: 14-December-2008 at 11:19am
I moved my PC off an SSL-enabled server. I'm currently only accepting PayPal (standard website) payments and Google Checkout.

I unchecked the "This store uses SSL" option under "General Settings". I also cleared out the field "SSL URL:".

However, during the checkout phase the, when selecting the "PayPal" payment option, the store attempts to redirect to the SSL-enabled version of my store, i.e., ...

What other setting/changes do I need to make to remove the SSL features for my store?
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2008 at 2:34pm
Make sure that the file "includes/settings.asp" is getting updated (check the time stamp on the file by connecting to that folder via FTP). If not, it means that there is a folder permissions issue. Make sure the "includes" folder has "read", "write" and "delete" access.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
bigsapper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2008 at 6:30pm
Thanks, I confirmed that it is a permissions issue.

Another question, is there anyway to use Google Checkout without an SSL?
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2008 at 7:35pm
Google Checkout requires SSL
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2008 at 12:19am
If  your concern is the cost of the SSL certificate, www.positivessl.com is very inexpensive, or you can check around to see what hosts offer free use of a shared SSL certificate.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2008 at 12:47am
Also, make sure the SSL is Google approved:

http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57856

bigsapper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2008 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Greg Dinger Greg Dinger wrote:

If  your concern is the cost of the SSL certificate, www.positivessl.com is very inexpensive, or you can check around to see what hosts offer free use of a shared SSL certificate.

Thanks, it is a cost issue but not quite as simple as an SSL. I was running a Thawte certificate for about $35 per year (Dotster.com).

However, my hosting service requires a static IP to setup an SSL-enabled website. I already run a multi-domain account but cannot configure with a static IP. So I was required to establish a complete separate account just to run my store and all the additional fees.

Anyway, this store is just a part-time business; more of a proof of concept setup. I was hoping to retain Google Checkout, but no big deal. Paypal works fine without SSL.

Thanks for all the help.
bigsapper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2008 at 9:12am
Actually, I'd be interested to hear from someone on the dev team as to why SSL is needed for GCO; as compared to PayPal's interface which manages without the store needing SSL.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2008 at 9:49am
It's a Google requirement when "Level Two" integration is implemented, which is what ProductCart uses. "Level One" integration is too basic and does not allow for the kind of advanced order processing integration that Level Two provides. See: http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=43863
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
bigsapper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2008 at 10:25am
Originally posted by earlyimp earlyimp wrote:

It's a Google requirement when "Level Two" integration is implemented, which is what ProductCart uses. "Level One" integration is too basic and does not allow for the kind of advanced order processing integration that Level Two provides. See: http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=43863

Thanks for the response. A followup if I may...

How does that compare with PayPal? Is PayPal "Level One"? The integration with PayPal from my POI seems fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic