ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Problem editing the customer registration email.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem editing the customer registration email.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem editing the customer registration email.
    Posted: 26-December-2008 at 11:58am
I followed the instructions on which lines to edit in the languages.asp file - but when I go to the my account pages like custpref.asp - I get this error:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0409'

Unterminated string constant

/boutique/includes/languages.asp, line 1256

dictLanguage.Add "english_storeEmail_20",

All I edited was the text in the 20-23 lines. I don't understand how that would create an error.

Edited by JWL - 26-December-2008 at 11:59am
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2008 at 12:04pm
after the comma, you need to have your text in quotes. If you don't want to display any text, you still need to have the quotes, i.e.:
dictLanguage.Add "english_storeEmail_20", ""
NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2008 at 12:04pm
You probably missed a quote, or have a quote in the string that's not being handled correctly.  Please paste the 20-23 lines here.

on edit, ok - looks like Dan has identified your issue.

Edited by Greg Dinger - 26-December-2008 at 12:05pm
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2008 at 1:00pm
Thanks for the quick replies... no, that's the first thing I thought of.  I had a list <ul> at the end of this line:
dictLanguage.Add "english_storeEmail_20"

I just removed the <ul> list and kept everything else the same... and now the error has went away. I can't use a list in the email?

Edit: I put the list text back at the end, except I replaced the <ul><li> with just line breaks <br> and the error came back. Is there a character limit or something?

Edited by JWL - 26-December-2008 at 1:05pm
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2008 at 1:11pm
You certainly can have HTML code in language.asp as long as there are no double quotes or line breaks. In this particular case. make sure that there are no line breaks in your code. The entire Unordered List code must reside on the same line. That is:
<ul><li>My first item list</li><li>My second item list</li></ul>

... and not:
<ul>
<li>My first item list</li>
<li>My second item list</li>
</ul>

Also, remember that if the e-mail is sent as text, the HTML will not be parsed. E-mails in ProductCart are normally sent as text, unless you edit "sendmail.asp" to force HTML in all cases.

Edited by earlyimp - 26-December-2008 at 1:14pm
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2008 at 1:16pm
"Also, remember that if the e-mail is sent as text, the HTML will not be parsed. E-mails in ProductCart are normally sent as text, unless you edit "sendmail.asp" to force HTML in all cases."

Yea... I got the email to send... but I think there is a character limit to each line, because I moved the <ul> list to the english_storeEmail_21 line, and I don't get the same error as before.

What code do I change in the sendemail.asp to make the registration emails html instead of plain text.

Edited by JWL - 26-December-2008 at 1:18pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2008 at 1:22pm
Some mail components may not like HTML emails.  When I install my HTML Drop Ship PO mod, I occasionally have to run tests until I find a mail component that will produce the correct results.

Try changing to another component and you may be successful with that.
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2008 at 5:54pm
I don't know what you mean by components.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2008 at 6:19pm
In settings, email settings, see:
Select a Component
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2008 at 7:38pm
I think the CPO is the only one I could get to work with godaddy smtp... how do you change the html/text setting in the sendemail.asp.

Edited by JWL - 26-December-2008 at 7:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic