ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Reviews
    Posted: 10-September-2006 at 4:29pm
Hi all,

There are a couple of minor but important feature additions that would enhance the Product Reviews feature.

1.   Allow HTML in the text or at least URLs (I have added a web site field to the review but it shows it as text, even if I play around with it).

2.  Make the format of the main review a memo field so that line returns can be used - or again allow it to be HTML.

3.  If there are reviews put in a link with the product description so people know.  If your description is long, then they show right at the bottom.

Thanks for considering these refinements.

cheers
Mark
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2006 at 5:12pm
Hi all

I've talked with the support team, this requirement is now going to be recommended for inclusion in the next version of the software.

cheers
Mark
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2006 at 3:50pm
EarlyImpact have really delivered on this - I have a very simple to apply beta ahead of 3.04 coming on 4th November.  It's working wonderfully. I can now format my customer product reviews, include pictures, HTML etc.

If you have a customer field for 'web site' you can also now have live web links in your reviews (increasing your cross traffic and refer backs).

You can see it working in action here:
http://www.tinyurl.com/ybosww

Thanks EarlyImpact, this subtle update will make a big difference to customer reviews.

cheers
Mark

Edited by MarkCoyle - 23-October-2006 at 3:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic