ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ProductCart Custom Scripts Add-On Website

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firewalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ProductCart Custom Scripts Add-On Website
    Posted: 16-September-2007 at 11:10am

We wanted to take a quick poll and see if it would be worth the time to setup a dedicated community site that offers PC custom scripts, add-ons, articles, blogs ...

What do you folks think?  Would it be worth the time / effort?

Cheers,

Brian

PS:

If you are a developer PM me with your contact info.

MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2007 at 11:39am
Yes this would be good and I would use it.     I think it's important for it to be distinct in purpose form here though.

I would like it to be an open community portal rather than managed by any one commercial enterprise (unless its specific to their business).

cheers
Mark

Edited by MarkCoyle - 16-September-2007 at 11:40am
Firewalls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firewalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2007 at 11:54am

Hi Mark -

Are there specific features you would find important for the community site?

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2007 at 1:07pm

We certainly encourage you to do that. It would definitely be helpful. We would be happy to link to it. Among the systems to build that kind of Web site, here is an interesting one: http://www.ning.com/

Edited by earlyimp - 16-September-2007 at 1:08pm
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Firewalls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firewalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2007 at 2:27pm

To clarify, we do not plan on "monitizing" the website.  This will be an open community of PC owners and developers.  

Here is what I am planning on rolling out. initially:

1) Ability to join community
2) Blogs for those who wish to actively participate in the community.
3) Download section (for NON Early Impact software)
4) Discussion forums
5) Training videos (with a you-tube-type interface)
6) How-to guides and articles
Plus whatever else the community feels we will need.

Suggestions are always welcome on features we should add (or remove).

MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2007 at 2:31pm
Sounds great.   I will be a keen user of this alongside the forum here. 

A wiki type capability would be very helpful - will help those who go through the learning curve of adoption and ask the same questions as they experience the capabilities and features of PC.

cheers
Mark
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2007 at 2:33pm
Thinking about it - I run a community using MWPX (a free ASP community portal solution).  I'm not suggesting you adopt this as you seem to have a vision for the site which is always excellent.  However it may be worth looking at the features available to see if any jump out as useful to our new one. 

Take a look at it:
http://www.harvest-home.org

One item specifically - RSS would be excellent at the site of course.

cheers
Mark
Firewalls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firewalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2007 at 2:53pm

The blogs, articles, forums and such will have unqiue RSS feeds attached.

Adding a wiki is not a problem. I added it to the list.

fidjiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidjiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2007 at 4:47pm
I would definitely be interested in being part of the community. However, I think it would be awesome to sell the scripts and add-ons in an easy to implement format too.

Idea for downloads: For those of us who don't know programming. I love the format in which PC upgrades are made because all we have to do is replace files and then click a few buttons. That would be the the style in which I would prefer scripts and add-ons to follow. You could also have an option for a programmer to install the custom script for us. Like $10-$15 or so if we need a programmer to do it for us.

I guess I prefer to pay for things to be done for me because I really don't want to screw anything up, especially when it comes to my website. :)
Linda - I wish I knew ASP.
To view my ever evolving site click the "www" button below. :)
thedeacon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedeacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2007 at 12:24am
I think it's a good idea.  Very good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic