ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Productcart variables

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Art Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Productcart variables
    Posted: 09-March-2006 at 1:13pm

i'm not too familiar with asp. I'm trying to figure out some variables that productcart uses. I need the variable so i can pass them to our tracking code for dynamic page tracking. Can someone help me out. Pasted below are the variables i need and the ones i think i got right.

PageName = "pidproduct"

ContentGroup = "pidcategory"

Transaction = "pcCartIndex"

TransactionId = "pcCartSession"

OrderProduct =

OrderCategory =

OrderQuantity =

OrderAmount =

watercrazed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watercrazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2006 at 12:20am

Hi,

I am no pro, asp is totally new to me, but here is my best, I use Access not sure what the differences in sturcture for sql.  I think some of the variables you are are looking for are calculated on the fly, But I am only familiar with a small number of the tables used

PageName = "pidproduct"

There is no one variable for page name viewPrd.asp?idcategory=52&idproduct=1342 That page would have 2 variables defining it. I think pidproduct is a field basicly defined in the product table in the data base if you call that it will return the number of the product. it is also used in other tables like the one below.

ContentGroup = "pidcategory"

See above

Transaction = "pcCartIndex"

Not sure What you mean by transaction

TransactionId = "pcCartSession"

Cart session is a unique identifier that is created I think when a browser first opens a page of the cart.  I think if the browser is closed and the same person comes back they will have a new number

OrderProduct =

Not sure what you are looking for, if trying to call the products in an order, you would need both the order number and the idproduct associated with it see the table I pasted below

OrderCategory =

Really... not sure about this one

OrderQuantity =

I don't think the total order quantity is stored, at least not in the database, there may be a dymanic variable the code creates for this. I have pasted a part of my database table productsordered that shows how the orders are tracked 

If more than one of an item is ordered it is stored in the table below under quantity

OrderAmount =

If you are looking for the number of products order note that individual records are created for each type of product in an order ie order # 7

Are you looking for $ amount: with or without shipping

idProductOrdered idOrder idProduct service quantity idOptionA idOptionB unitPrice unitCost xfdetails idconfigSession rmaSubmitted QDiscounts ItemsDiscounts
1 1 952 No 1

10.99 0
0 0
2 2 625 No 1

5.99 0
0 0
3 3 625 No 1

5.99 0
0 0
4 4 815 No 1

21.99 0
0 0