ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Purple Text" visited links haunting me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Purple Text" visited links haunting me
    Posted: 07-October-2007 at 10:30am

Helpppp!!!  I think I'm losing the will to live ....I hate PURPLE visited link TEXT I've been re-designing my old site to integrate with PC and had to change quite a few pcStorefront.css rules text/link colour backgrounds etc. intitially I had purple text ALL over the site .... managed to clear most now but I'm left with stubborn PURPLE visited name links under product thumbnail   I've cleared my cache and targeted the /* Style product name */ but no joy

I have spent days on this I hate clicking on a new image and seeing it turn purple its depressing me now

Anybody had similar problems and overcome them would appreciate any help

Kathy

http://shiny.mysite4now.net/ProductCart/pc/viewcategories.as p

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 11:20am

This is definitely not the default behavior in ProductCart. You must have another CSS document (or local styles) that are conflicting with pcStorefront.css

To resolve the conflicts, you need to either remove the conflicting styles in the other CSS document, or further target the tags in pcStorefront.css

For example, you could add:

.pcShowProducts td a:visited {
   color: #FFF;
  }

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
shiny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 1:07pm

Hi

Thanks for that did get that advise from support guys and tried them to no effect.....so they told me to try on here .........When I made the html template I created the same style for the links etc. that I changed pcStorefront.asp to and  I've since removed that from the header. I also targeted the table in css too

If no one has a quick fix idea.......I think my only way out is to create a new asp. header but before I do download an original pcStorefront.css and change the colour text styles first before it links to the page ........if I can't solve it I will have to remove the product name somehow which I don't want to do but the purple makes me feel physically sick now so can't leave it although tempted to just give in to it. 

Thanks for the help anyway guess no-one else has these problems with css

Kathy

netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 1:22pm

Here are some suggestions:
In your header.asp file it looks like you are defining some styles that will override the pcStoreFront.css file since they are listed after the reference to pcStoreFront.

In those CSS styles, you define the a:link, a:visited and a:hover. The color definition for visited and hover are missing the # before the color value, i.e. I believe they should be like this:

a:visited {
 color: #BCC0CC;
 text-decoration: none;
}
a:hover {
 color: #CCCCFF;
 text-decoration: underline;
}

I'm not sure if there are other styles or classes that may be causing the purple but this would be a start.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
shiny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 2:00pm

Fantastic !!!!!! it worked do you know I've been slaving over that css file and it was the header strange though I removed those styles completely and that didn't work ........you have saved my life my will to live has come back      

Thank you so much for taking the time I'm no programmer and never will be just creating my  site has turned me grey my hats off to you guys wouldn't want your job photography is so simple and I love it!!

Thanks again think you can tell how pleased I am

Kathy 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic