ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about Images and Thumbnails...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about Images and Thumbnails...
    Posted: 31-May-2008 at 8:54am
One of the things I still have to do is assign images to all the products on the web page.  I have all the image files on my PC.  There is over 600 products, and I am wanting to know if I am going to have to upload each individual one, or is there  a way to do it faster? 

Also, is there a way to have it automatically resize large image files into Thumbnails?

Also, how do I edit the colors of the rollover pop-up window that previews the product picture?

Thanks
Joe S.
BlackReef.net
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2008 at 9:24am
For uploading product images, you have a couple of options:
1. If you are using the Product Cart product import feature, you can specify the three image names for each product (thumbnail, regular, enlarged) in the import. Then you can FTP all of the images to the productcart/pc/catalog folder. This requires that you have created all three images in the proper sizes.

If you want to create thumbnail and/or regular size images for a large number of full size images, you can use a program like Macromedia Fireworks to take a whole folder of large images and use a batch process that will automatically create regular size or thumbnail size images. See http://www.adobe.com/devnet/fireworks/articles/handling_photos_03.html for some details or search the web for "Fireworks Batch". We've used that to quickly resize and auto-name thousands of images from large images provided by manufacturers.

2. When you add/edit products through the control panel, you can upload a large image and let Product Cart create all three image sizes based on the sizes you enter on the upload screen. This makes it easy to resize images but you need to do that for each product individually.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2008 at 12:24pm
Joe,
   For 600 products I recommend using the first method recommended by NetProfits - It will save you loads of time.

When I do this I (usually) have the SKU in the image name so that identifying what belongs with what  is much easier - as updating the spreadsheet.
You can use the "export for re-import" feature to get a spreadsheet ready for having the image names added.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic