ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > QuickBooks Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QuickBooks Addon and Stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knifepro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QuickBooks Addon and Stock
    Posted: 27-December-2010 at 8:34pm
I have the QuickBooks add-on set not to update stock levels. I have noticed that my QuickBooks Inventory levels are being updated. This is a problem because I use a drop shipper for some items and my QuickBooks are me as having those items. This is going to be a problem at the end of year. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Brian

brian@theknifeprofessional.com
brian@heartlandbraidedrugs.com
www.theknifeprofessional.com
www.heartlandbraidedrugs.com
ProductCart v4.7
QuickBooks Sync
Mobile
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2010 at 11:02pm
Hi Brian,  it has not been reported.  This should not be possible.  If you are just seeing "Inventory Push or Pull" in the support log, then it is OK.  It does not mean that stock is being updated.  Inventory often refers to the type of item.
knifepro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knifepro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2010 at 5:05pm
I am seeing the problem in QuickBooks. I have thousands of dollars worth of products I don't have. My inventory asset is $489,581.54. The products are showing in QuickBooks.

Is the there away to clear these?
Brian

ProductCart v4.7
QuickBooks Sync
Mobile
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2010 at 8:12pm
Hi Brian,  ProductCart does not change inventory levels in QuickBooks.  The inventory synchronization setting only dictates whether or not levels and pushed up to ProductCart.  In other words, it will keep ProductCart in sync with QuickBooks.

The inventory levels in QuickBooks change based on your QuickBooks settings.  For example, if this item is an inventory item levels will be adjusted as you move through the fulfillment process.  ProductCart has no control over this aspect of inventory.

My best suggestion would be to setup your products, or configure your export options, in such as way that those products are "Non-Inventory" items.  If you make them "Non-Inventory" items no levels exist.

In regards to clearing the inventory.  You can adjust inventory in QuickBooks. To make an adjustment you can select Vendors, then Inventory Activities, then Adjust Quantity/Value On Hand. Alternately, from the Item List, click the Activities button and select Adjust Quantity/Value On Hand. (Note: This may vary by version.  You may need to follow up with QB chat support on this.)
knifepro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knifepro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2010 at 8:38pm
The problem seems to be occurring when you do a On Demand Product Transfer. I have a new brand offered by my drop shipper. I have never sold an item from this brand so it can not be the fulfillment process. I have done a On Demand Product transfer for this brand. My QuickBooks inventory for this brand shows stock levels that match the store.

I don't know if this is a bug or a problem with my installation. I just know it is occurring. I worry that once I make adjustments the inventory will change again if do another product transfer.

Edited by knifepro - 28-December-2010 at 8:39pm
Brian

ProductCart v4.7
QuickBooks Sync
Mobile
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2010 at 8:45pm
This is not a bug.  If you are using the "On Demand" tool to create new inventory in QuickBooks, then that explains why there are assets in your inventory account.  Have you tried selecting "Non Inventory" when you do your export?

If you try to export the same products again they will not create or change anything in QB.  You cannot have duplicate names.  So it would just be ignored.  However, if you keep those items as Inventory and have Inventory enabled in QB, then adjustments will be made (e.g. if you process an invoice).   I would try to change them to Non Inventory manually in QB.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic