ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > QuickBooks Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QuickBooks Invoice # using Web Order #

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odathp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QuickBooks Invoice # using Web Order #
    Posted: 13-May-2010 at 11:49am
Just installed QB add-on, so far so good.  PC uses the web order # for the invoice number #.  I also read this in the wiki.  The problem is when QB imports the PC invoice the QB invoice #s get reset to the PC web order #s.  Next time an invoice is manually created in QB the next invoice # follows the PC web order # series.

Is this behavior "as designed"?  Or, is there a way to change it?  It seems that when a web order is imported into QB as an invoice the invoice # would increment to the next invoice # previously assigned by QBs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2010 at 12:41pm
This is currently a technical limitation.  The only workaround is to install the QuickBooks SDK components and register them on the server.  However, the vast majority of ProductCart stores do not have that option, therefore we cannot combine the server components in the Add-On.
odathp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odathp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2010 at 12:52pm
Thank for the quick reply.  If I installed the QuickBooks SDK components and registered them on my server, would I then need to modify some code to implement this workaround?.  I have a dedicated MS 2008 server + SQL 2008.  We have complete control in our environment along with programming staff.  Thanks again.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2010 at 1:05pm
Since most users are on a shared server (and cannot install anything) the Add-On does not utilize the SDK at all.  The entire Add-On would need re-designed from scratch.  The Add-On does not include the ASP.NET source code, but it probably would not aid you much.   I have talked with Inuit about this and an upcoming SDK may be available that does not require server components.  So we will revisit this issue periodically.
odathp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odathp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2010 at 1:13pm
Now that we are familiar with the limitation, we'll instruct the customer to manually update the invoice number in QBs (for web orders).  Appreciate the feedback.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic