ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Viewed items - Anyone??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-April-2008 at 11:08am

Not a problem Scarlett,

I did mean to blame you for anything..  Glad you case got solved Thumbs%20Up Simply made the reply as I'm still trying to find out an answer to my question as well.
So no hijacking done Scar! Wink
avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-April-2008 at 8:20pm
While we are talking about the recently viewed items, I want to put this code on a plain ole HTML page.  I tried to cut and paste the code from the smallrecentproducts.asp file and that doesn't work.  Is there any other way?  Or do I need only part of that code.
Should I start a new post for this...same for small shopping cart onto a html page.
I did that for the smallsearchbox.asp code, that works.
Thanks
Curt
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2008 at 3:57am
Hi Avalight.
Why do you want to put this on a static page? - It would only show whatever YOUR list was at the time you grabbed the data - pretty much defeating the purpose of the code.

If you really do want to do this then you need to "view source" against the page in the front end and grab <div id="recentprds"> through to </div>   
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2008 at 2:09pm
Hi Avalight, Sorry, I think I misunderstood your post - You can create a "nearly" static page where the only ASP element is recently viewed items. It's not ythat hard to do, but it will still be an asp page. 
avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2008 at 12:20am
Hamish
I didn't think I could mix asp code on a html page.  I just noticed the store map html page doesn't have all the generated code like the header.asp and footer.asp pages do, the recently viewed being one of them.
Curt
avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2008 at 12:35am
For example, I don't think I can put this code on a html page and have it work...
<!--#include file="smallRecentProducts.asp"-->

Curt
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2008 at 1:02am
Avalight, the only way to get ASP scripting to run is to do so on a .ASP page.  You cannot do this on a .html page.  This applies to smallRecentProducts.asp.

Are you trying to implement the smallRecentProducts include on static HTML pages because you want to make your store's visual interface consistent on non-store pages, but want to avoid losing your search engine placement for old pages that have been around a while?

On a store we launched this week, we were confronted with over 30 old product category pages from the client's prior store. ProductCart was replacing a different cart.  The old pages have strong placement and we didn't want to lose those listings.  So we used www.isapirewrite.com to create rules that cross-reference the old .HTM pages to the ProductCart pages, specifying these as 301 redirects.  

A similar strategy could be accomplished for you, if this indeed is your goal.  Create new .asp pages which duplicate your .htm pages, include whatever new functionality you require, and use IR to redirect the old page references to the new pages.

Would that achieve your goals?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2008 at 3:16pm
Hi Worldofrugs,
    This topic has wandered a bit away from your original request - obviously you touched upon a subject several people are interested in.

Did you have any luck getting what you wanted with the CSS?
worldofrugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2008 at 3:20pm
Afraid not Hamish,
Actually have not found no CSS references for the recently viewed items.
So it's still an open wish! Cry

Thanks for your reply Wink
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2008 at 4:05pm
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic