ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rewards Points Expiration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mburgun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rewards Points Expiration
    Posted: 31-January-2014 at 9:31am
I am interested in using the rewards points feature but I need to make the points expire after a set amount of time. Does anyone know if this is currently possible in any released version of PC? I am currently using version 3.12a.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2014 at 1:12pm
There is no automated way to expire a customer's Reward Points, but we can see where this would make sense for some stores, so can consider it for a future version of ProductCart.

In the meantime, merchants can manually adjust a customer's Reward Points either directly on the Customer Details' Page in the Control Panel, or through the Customer Import/Update feature. So for example, if the store policy was that all Reward Points expire at the end of the 'calendar year' (December 31); that would be easy to do.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2014 at 12:10am
Given the way PC accounts for rewards points (total earned less total used -- as of v4.7), this is not doable unless you want to expire all reward points globally as the earlier Admin post suggests. I doubt that's what anyone interested in this idea wants to do, though.

More likely, one would want to set an expiration date on particular points earned via a particular event (points can be earned by purchasing, referring a friend who completes an order, or via admin in the control panel).

This would require a very different approach to how the data is stored along with code modifications to store the data on these events and then to work out how to balance points earned/used/expired.

However, if I am over-thinking this, and you simply want to nuke reward points balances globally, then the earlier suggestion is viable.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-February-2014 at 10:01am
There are (at least) three approaches that I have seen to expiring points on different points based systems and there are probably others.
(a) Expire all points if the customer has not ordered for x amount of time.
(b) Expire all points if the customer has not ordered for x amount of time.
(c) Each set of yaccumulated points expire x amount of time after they were accrued.

(c) is likely to be by far the most complex to introduce as it requires tracking each set of points accrued and when rather than just a points total.   

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic