ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roll over text displaying HTML

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roll over text displaying HTML
    Posted: 22-June-2008 at 2:54pm
Hi just upgraded to 3.11 and working through some display differences.  In the product name we've used HTML tags to control how it displays, something like this

<strong>Cache-Aid Box</strong><br>Trackable with Icon

It displays fine except when you roll over the product's image using Internet Explorer.  The roll over text is not interpreting the HTML instead it just displays <strong>Cache-Aid Box</strong><br>Trackable with Icon, rather than

Cache-Aid Box

Trackable with Icon

Does that make sense?  Firefox doesn't display anything when you roll over the picture, which is better than displaying the HTML tags.

Is there a way to either have IE display the roll over correctly or have it not display at all?
TIA
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-June-2008 at 6:28pm
Hi Dean,
  Can you supply a link to the page in question?
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-June-2008 at 8:16pm
Sure just roll over any of the pictures on this page using Internet explorer

http://www.thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/viewcategories.asp?idCategory=23&pageStyle=H

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-June-2008 at 11:21pm
Hi Dean,
    It's the AJAX rollover that's broken on your site. I'm too tired right now to investigate it in detail I'm afraid. Did you move the site to a different folder when updating your site?
I don't think it's anything to do with your use of Tags, but try one without - just to make sure.
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-June-2008 at 11:30pm
Yeah the folder of the cart is shop instead productcart, is that what you mean?  Also I've disabled the Ajax functionality in the control panel.  When Ajax is turned on the display isn't working well, but that's OK for now.  We've gone in and changed some of the descrptions to not use HTML tags so here's a new like that displays the problem.

http://thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/viewcategories.asp?idCategory=37&pageStyle=H
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-June-2008 at 6:06am
Hi Dean,
    I understand what your referring to now.
(for the benefit of others) The field that's being used as the ALT text (which is what is popping up) is the "Name:"  (from the page where you define the product). A bit confusingly, in the actual code this is the description field.

Anyway, you have a couple of options.
- Remove the HTML code from all the product names - If you leave them I would check that all the other pages, such as the order screens & emails etc also don't show the html tags.

- Remove / amend the alt tags from pc/pcShowProductsH.asp - Perhaps you could use the "Short Description" field instead (sDEsc from the DB) ? - assuming you don't have HTML tags n that.

- Add code to strip the HTML tags from the text before making it the ALT text.

Hamish 
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-June-2008 at 6:08am
BTW - It was absolutely nothing to do with the AJAX functionality, but  I guess you knew that anyway as you have it disabled. 
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2008 at 11:34am
Thanks Hamish - I'll look into the options you've suggested.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic