ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Search not searching Content pages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Search not searching Content pages
    Posted: 26-July-2007 at 9:54am
I have a problem with the search feature of ProductCart v3.01 PPD.

I've used ProductCart's ability to make custom content pages that show up within the navigation heirarchy.  I have a page for our "Terms & Conditions", "downloads", "store site map", and an explanation page of our "Rewards Points" program using the rewards points feature of ProductCart.

Problem is, if you try to search on keywords that are in those content pages, it comes back with a "No items to display" error message.  The search feature doesn't look in content pages for your search.  This is important since a search feature needs to be able to search for other data besides that of products or else my customers won't be able to get all the information available.  I personally rely heavily on finding information via the site search engine when I go to someone's site and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  I've tried to make plain-as-day links in the header and footer to those pages so that someone doesn't NEED to search for that information.  However, there are always going to be exceptions and I need to address those that also use the site search feature to find their information.

Is there a setting I should change in order for it to work?  Is there something in the ASP code for the search engine that needs to be "tweaked" so that it will search content pages?
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-July-2007 at 2:26pm

Hi Mark - this is something that we are considering adding to a future version, but in the meantime, you might want to consider using Google's new service (it's very inexpensive) that indexes your entire site and allows visitors to search for keywords found in your pages (static or dynamic).  You can learn more here:

http://www.google.com/enterprise/csbe/

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic