ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Searchable options to add to products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGSnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Searchable options to add to products
    Posted: 28-April-2008 at 8:47pm
In our cart, we have a LOT of colors for products and are adding more daily.  Adding new Attributes to an Option Group via ModPrdOpta3.asp takes a very long time (45-90 seconds) due to the number of colors having to be displayed.

To compound this, adding a new attribute (from ModPrdOpta3.asp) that does not yet exist (via modOptGrpa.asp) takes even longer since after adding the new attribute (from modOptGrpa.asp), you are taken back to ModPrdOpta3.asp and have to wait for the page to refresh (long list of colors) each time you add a new attribute.

It is now taking 5-15 minutes to add colors/sizes to each product when it took 1-3 minutes before we loaded the cart up with colors.

On ModPrdOpta3.asp after we wait 45-90 seconds for the page to list all colors, we then have to scroll down for long way or use CTRL-F to find the colors we are trying to add to the product.

Our Suggestions : Limit the number of attributes shown on the page and send remaining to new pages, instead of showing all colors on one long page. And offer a search box to search for the attributes you wish to add to the product.

katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2008 at 8:56pm
I don't have this problem, but had a similar one with the ebay add on.  It took forever to list things.  I did raise this issue here in the forum and with EI.  Anyway, I was using Internet Explorer and that was actually the causing this long delay.  I did install the Firefox browser in addition to the Internet Explorer, so I can use either one.  It reduced the time to zero. 

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Give it a try,
Katharina

WGSnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGSnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2008 at 9:28pm
Thanks, I gave FireFox a try and it did cut the wait time to 25 seconds, which is still too long, and this too will only grow with time.  As we add more attributes, even more data will have to be downloaded.

I'll be happy for now that we only have to wait 25 seconds each time we add a new attribute and/or display the list of attributes. But, I would still like to beg that these attributes be broken up into pages, like products and most other options are broken up in PC.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic